14" Daytonas on an X???

roadbox

True Classic
I guess my question is that simple, will 14" 5-spoke Daytonas fit the X with any problems??? Tires???

Thanks

John O.

I have run them on the rear...

....185/60-14s. Plenty of room. I believe Arman has had them on the fronts, as well...but I cannot recall what size tires he used. I think his Avatar pic shows his car with the 14's all around.
Here is BB 4RE with 14's in the rear, and 13's up front:
BB4REs.jpg

Yeah they fit. Several members have them. I know Thomas was running 13/14 F-R combo on his old car. Might Ask him what size he used on the rears.

I had them...

with 195/55 - 14 tires. I didn't like the clearance and especially the lack of tire brand and size choices in 14". So I sold them. But they were looking great. I'm on the performance side of the group, somebody who is looking more for the look will probably be happy with that size.

Daniel Forest
Montreal

I run 185/55-14 all around

But with a stock front suspension, two stock spacers were not enough with my Daytona's. I could barely get a single wall piece of thick cardboard between the inner sidewall and my lower spring perch. You could go the equivalent of 3 stock spacers (15-18mm)with longer wheel bolts, but then the wheels would look odd possibly sticking out further than the body. I was forced to go to 2.5" coilover struts. I tried Leda and KSport, both with ****ty fitment issues. I think I have finally figured out the issues with the KSports though. But to go this route, you will be paying $$850 for the set of KSports, $200est. for custom strut top spacers, $60est for new 7" front springs to replace the 8" springs shipped with the KSports and a lot for a custom alignment to setup the front end properly after lowering. In retrospect, if I had known then what I know now, I would have gotten the 13" Daytonas and cut one coil out of the front stock springs. I could have purchased another nice car with the money I have wasted on wheels and suspension bits.

Good luck.

Arman

Here's my car with 14*6's and 185/55/14 tires. I'm running no spacers, but with coil-overs:

DCP_2050-1.jpg

1GB144.jpg

DCP_1931a.jpg

Forgot to mention....

I have to use a Whoa brake spacer to clear the Whoa brake caliper in the front.

Back