1500 Euro cylinder head

Dino66

True Classic
IMG_4320.JPG IMG_4319.JPG IMG_4321.JPG IMG_4322.JPG IMG_4323.JPG IMG_4324.JPG IMG_4325.JPG I have a 10 bolt 1500 Euro cylinder head for sale. Part number is visible in the photos.
Engine had been standing a long time so I would budget for stripping down and rebuilding.
No visible pitting, cylinder head face is in good condition. All manifold studs intact.
£130 including delivery to the US or £140 including delivery to Canada.

All manifold studs intact.

You mean all but the one that's missing between the #2 intake & exhaust ports? :D

index.php

Very good price, nonetheless. Looks like it should clean up well without too much fuss.

Last edited:
Anyone wanting a good CR boost should look into this. This is almost identical to mine. Other than the casting number I cannot see anything different between this one and mine as well 4444407. Same threaded ports on the front side, same t-stat face, same Euro high compression late model chamber with no decompression ring.

I have added this to my table and will post the data to the Wiki at some point.

Very nice pictures but nothing showing details on the port side. I still not having ever held a FI head, this one and the OP's head are missing the cut outs in the ports for the FI correct? From what I can tell these two castings are identical to my 4444407 about to be installed tonight.

Edit, pictures saved. I'll get around to adding them somehow eventually

Very nice pictures but nothing showing details on the port side. I still not having ever held a FI head, this one and the OP's head are missing the cut outs in the ports for the FI correct?

The eBay head has just 1 photo sort-of showing the port side, but enough is visible to where someone familiar with a FI head can see it's not a FI head (due to the missing injector notches). Additionally, a FI head would have the usual USA-spec decompression ring around the combustion chamber, & one more sensor port on the spark plug side, both of which this head does not have.

Here's what the port side of a FI head would look like - note the notched area in the upper corner of each intake port, which allows clearance for the fuel injector &/or its proper spray pattern:

14bolthead5.jpg

Apologies to the OP for the intrusion on this FS ad, btw. ;)

Last edited:
Actually a good point. This Euro head offered for sale is, well...a Euro head. And they did not have fuel injection like the US did for many years (maybe someone can specify if/when they ever got FI). So this head could be a later year mfg, with corresponding part number, and various late style features, but lacking the FI "recesses" in the inlet ports. Might seem confusing to us in America because we're accustomed to thinking "late" means FI. Do the cast numbers shown indicate the year of it as a '84 (I'm not sure I'm seeing it clearly)?

Do the cast numbers shown indicate the year of it as a '84 (I'm not sure I'm seeing it clearly)?

That is correct. The casting date stamp on each of these 2 heads shows the year "84" (1984) in the center. The number of dots in the circle surrounding the year indicates the month, as well (3 = March, 7 = July, etc.). This is the same type of date coding also found on our Cromodora wheels. ;)

I was hoping I could modify the inlet ports for the fuel injectors and run this on my '83, but it is missing the threaded boss for the additional water temperature sensor required for the FI system. Is there a stock higher compression head that will work with FI?

Still available and I have a 34 datr carb and inlet manifold to suit this head.
£75 for the carb and £25 for the inlet manifold.

Back