1969 Fiat Siata Spring

At first glance I want to say the red car is a Corbin Sparrow
Last night I had the rare opportunity to do a little 'channel surfing' on the TV. Happened across one of the Austin Powers movies (GoldMember) for a minute. There was a scene where they used several Corbin Sparrows to portray futuristic vehicles. One of them was GoldMember's personal custom, styled to be a phallic symbol (you'd have to see the movie the get why).
292609_0.jpg i471946.jpg DuKBimFXgAETK7b.jpg

I had a Manx back in the late '70s. Fun but certainly not practical. I was living in San Diego and took it to the Glamis sand dunes but it was too heavy, then took it to Baja but it was too rough, so just drove it around town but it wasn't comfortable. The neighbor's son stole it once, then after I reported it to the police the son returned it. Funny to see the expression on the faces of the police when I told them it was no longer stolen. Sold it for more than I paid for it, although then they were really cheap anyway. One of countless toys over the years. Many of them I wish I had back, but honestly not that one.

Sadly, to build one now with a replica body and a pre-shortened VW chassis is major money. Never had one, never even rode in one but always wanted one....Jeff, don't ruin the dream for the rest of us!

Carl, I suppose if you just left the top off of your FatRat then you might have a driving experience quite similar to a Manx; rough, loud, windy, cold, uncomfortable, under powered, smelly, no space, unreliable, but fun. ;)

Wow, pretty damn close description of Fatrat! Rough and loud, underpowered, no space (space for what?), actually reliable. Mine has a good heater now, Xs are never windy and I think I got all the fuel and exhaust smells gone. Fun....you betcha.

Back