1972 124 Coupe

I think it also depends on the type of sunroof. If it was a large folding cloth type like a Wabasto it would probably be better than one of those pop up small glass/plexi type.
Small pop up it is...body shop repair seems the easier part...then comes the headliner hole

Kids worked on the coupe today. Disassembled the entire car for the most part. Started cleaning.
IMG_1106.jpg
IMG_1105.jpg
IMG_1104.jpg
IMG_1103.jpg
IMG_1102.jpg
IMG_1101.jpg

Coupe is keeping good company! More pressure washing today. Hopefully next week, before spring break, we can get the suspension off and a hand scrub of the bottom of the chassis.Also thinking about painting it the same french blue as my spider in the background. Then Ill have a mached set. A coupe and a spider. Then a sedan? (looking)
:roll:

IMG_1163.jpg

IMG_1164.jpg

Coupe is keeping good company! More pressure washing today. Hopefully next week, before spring break, we can get the suspension off and a hand scrub of the bottom of the chassis.Also thinking about painting it the same french blue as my spider in the background. Then Ill have a mached set. A coupe and a spider. Then a sedan? (looking)
:roll:

View attachment 71076

View attachment 71077
Nice. Need some air in that blue Spider’s right rear tire.

The Coupe looks great. That is a bunch of nice hardware around the shop.

Nice. Need some air in that blue Spider’s right rear tire.

The Coupe looks great. That is a bunch of nice hardware around the shop.
That tire! rim has been powder coated, new valve stem and new tire and it still leaks, like 1 psi every day. aggravating!

Small pop up it is...body shop repair seems the easier part...then comes the headliner hole
I'm confused, I don't see a sunroof hole in the roof? Are you talking about repairing a previous one , or adding one now? Cutting into a clean roof car to add a sunroof of any kind is a major crime in my book. Especially one of those pop up boat sunroofs... I don't mind those early BMW sunroofs because they're body color, and flush fit, but anything else is an eyesore.. You want open air, get a convertible...🫣

I'm confused, I don't see a sunroof hole in the roof? Are you talking about repairing a previous one , or adding one now? Cutting into a clean roof car to add a sunroof of any kind is a major crime in my book. Especially one of those pop up boat sunroofs... I don't mind those early BMW sunroofs because they're body color, and flush fit, but anything else is an eyesore.. You want open air, get a convertible...🫣
The 124 I was referring to is one that I am interested in buying..the owner says he regrets installing a sunroof, I certainly am disappointed about it...but I'm still into it...just wondering if its best to leave it alone or have a body shop weld steel in..I would then have to replace the headliner, that could be an issue..and I couldnt imagine having a body shop weld with the interior still in, id have to remove that.

Over the years of production of the Sport Coupe it came with a 1438 with a single carb, 1608 with a single carb for the US and twin carb in the EU, 1592 single carb and ended with the 1756 single carb. All were twin cam motors. Early cars came with a four speed manual with a five speed as an option and then standard with the 1608. As production stopped in 1975 at Fiat they never fitted the 1995cc engine to the car in any market. The 131 two door took its place in 1976, became the Brava and then the Super Brava with the onset of FI and the 1995cc engine. Production of the 124 Sport Coupe continued at SEAT in Spain

There was never an Abarth Sport Coupe. There were some Jerarrri Sport Coupes out of California which had plenty of aftermarket parts appended to them, quite rare.

So the only twin IDF examples would have been on the 1608s in 1970 and 1971 and only in the rest of the world, not in the USA. I am not aware of the 1592 being available in the EU with twin carbs but it could have been. The change to 1592 was due to tax reasons for it to be under 1600cc, this engine was also the first of the 132 engines which is the engine series for the 1.8 and 2.0 engines.

You can put twin IDFs on any of twin cam engines, they weren’t just the realm of Abarth.
thank you..that was a great engine breakdown

I have no clue but you might want to go over to Mirafiori.com (mostly 124 guys) and see if a 124 spider pan would work on a coupe.

Coupes share driveshaft lengths with sedans (spiders are shorter wheelbase) so I would expect the floorpans would be more similar than a spider; I believe this is mostly in the rear section, as that is the driveshaft section that differs.
What part do you need?

Coupes share driveshaft lengths with sedans (spiders are shorter wheelbase) so I would expect the floorpans would be more similar than a spider; I believe this is mostly in the rear section, as that is the driveshaft section that differs.
What part do you need?
I only stuck my head under so far for a look..havent purchased yet..but its a bit ugly in some places..passenger middle to the rear spring bracket area looks questionable..

Sorry I can't advise you on repairing that; I got a west coast car (no salt) and was blown away with how nice it looked underneath.
A few dents, no motor, but nice underneath.

Back