1976 Scorpion for sale

Dean Scharer

True Classic
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg 1976 Scorpion Available
I aquired both of John Allen's scorpions about a year ago. One was his daily driver and experimental platform and that is the car I am looking to sell. ( For those who have been in these forums for a long time, you may recall John was on the leading edge of the Megasquirt development. ) It has rust in the battery area and in the trunk area below the battery. There are also a couple spots that have bubbled up under the paint that will need to be attended to. The brake boost has been deleted. The brake and master cylinder have been replaced with brand new ones. The front brakes have the RX7 turbo brakes and spacers in place. The shift linkage has been modified correctly for the FI module but I have deleted the FI and Megasquirt system on the car. Windshield is good, pop up headlights are original and work. In other words, this car is rough but can be saved. Personally, I would love to see it used as an 037 base but a body guy wouldn't need to go that far. The front hood has been removed because it was rusted out at the air intakes but another hood will go with the car. I'm asking $1600 for it and additional parts are available. Those include the Koni D inserts and the 1800 engine. Currently the car isn't running but if I put the effort into getting it to that state, the price will increase.

i have two other Scorpions and three Zagato's so I need to cull from the herd.
I am not computer literate so if you want pictures send me your info and I will send them directly to you.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Back