1977 X on BAT

We do have a So Cal member with the handle "jimmyx", registered in 2018, but never posted. He did visit earlier today.

I learned to drive a stick in one X just like this but with original ladder bumpers...same color combo

That car looks very clean, and it has some nice mods. It will be interesting to see how the bidding goes. Just another example that there are nice cars out there if you're looking.
Sometimes it seems that the cars that are painted "unusual" colors are the best preserved.

Since I just bough an X, I am curious to see where this auction ends up. I am still waiting for the car to get shipped to Ct. Then the fun begins. You know, CT DMV bureaucracy, VIN checks, etc.

Since I just bough an X, I am curious to see where this auction ends up. I am still waiting for the car to get shipped to Ct. Then the fun begins. You know, CT DMV bureaucracy, VIN checks, etc.
For what its worth, I live in CT too and last August I purchased a 1987 X from an xweb member in MA. Surprisingly the registration process went much smoother than I had anticipated. As you mentioned the only additional step was to bring the car to a local emissions testing location so they could provide/perform a VIN verification. I was in and out of there in less than five minutes. The next important step was to hit the winding back roads of CT and enjoy my new baby!

Bertone X.jpeg

This one should be easy as I have the title from the previous owner.
I have gone through this drill many times. Some are a piece of cake. The biggest problem one took well over a year and resulted in me giving up an taking the motorcycle to VT. Custom build, PO death certificate, and court documents from the estate did not cut it.

Title work takes all the fun out of car purchasing. I'm sort of interested in a Honda 305 Superhawk that a friend has in his shed. It belongs to his son in law who inherited it from his dad. No title and son in law seems to be totally uninterested in trying to get a replacement title which would be in his dad's name.

Back