1978 Fiat 128 Rally For Sale (project car)

Discussion in 'FS&W Forum' started by Joe S., Aug 11, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Joe S.

Joe S. Daily Driver

Here is a 2 door Fiat 128 Rally for sale. The car has surface rust and some thin spots but overall the chassis is in good shape. It is a Rally so it has the Rally specific interior including the dash mounted tach. There in no engine in the car. I have the block if you want it. Also, the Panasport wheels in the photos do not come with the car.....it has a set of regular steel wheels with good tires.

Car is located in Connecticut and I'm asking $600.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. motoTrooper

motoTrooper True Classic

I thought that looked familiar, I've read your build thread in GRM. I see you found another in better condition! :cool:

I'd take it but it's a bit far for me. GLWS!

3. ghostdancing

ghostdancing True Classic

..link to the project thread?

4. Joe S.

Joe S. Daily Driver

5. carl

carl True Classic

Court needs another one!

6. Chris Obert

Chris Obert autocrosser, X driver

looks a lot like my old car, except mine didn't have the rust. 97 hp at the ground made it a lot of fun to drive. Used to chase motorcycles on mountain roads with my yellow box.

I just did a new production run of stickers, and I now have both of the stickers you see on this car in stock.

7. Marc L Frost

Marc L Frost Low Mileage

If anyone wants to build a race car out of this, drop me a line. Would be a hoot on the track.
    Marc in Indy

8. ghostdancing

ghostdancing True Classic

what mods to the 97hp motor?

9. carl

carl True Classic

I'm upping my meds to fight this off. Didn't help when Todd offered to go with me to get it.
    Facilitators are not really your best friends.
    At the posted price I'm confused as to whey it wasn't sold within hours after the posting.

10. Joe S.

Joe S. Daily Driver

Come get it!

11. carl

carl True Classic

Not for me, of course, but some pics of the interior would be nice. Interior bits are a real pain to get for 128s.

12. Joe S.

Joe S. Daily Driver

The interior is fairly complete. The trim on the steering column is missing (comes with a new ignition switch) and soem of the the stitching on the seats has split (see photos)....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Chris Obert

Chris Obert autocrosser, X driver

1500, big valve head, 40/80 camshaft (from good old Al), alquati manifold, 38 dps carburetor, pbs headers, and a lot of close attention while building the motor.

14. 128kid

128kid Courtney Waters

Still working on that additional shop space thing... I'm going to pretend I didn't see this post... ;)

15. Marc L Frost

Marc L Frost Low Mileage

I see nothing...nothing...

Marc in Indy