1979 Fiat X1/9 (possibly) for sale

SoCalGeorge

Greetings all.

Multi year site member, 1st time posting.
So I am looking for some advice as to what to do with my X.

I bought it back in March of 2020 with 45,601 original miles on it and am the 2nd owner on record of this native CA car that has never left SoCal.

20200411_101812.jpg

It currently has 46,804 original miles of which 998 are on the original engine and tranny's rebuild which occurred at 45,806.

10982.jpg

All engine & transmission work was performed by no one other than Jon Logan at Fiat-124 LTD.
Car was delivered to him shortly after purchase in April of 2020 and I trailed it back to Socal October 2020

d34dc5fa-da38-41ea-b_1250x1250-uncropped.png

Aside from the drivetrain work performed by Jon, Midwest-Bayless also provide parts like; WHOA! brakes all around, new brake master cylinder, F& R brake calipers, F & R sway bars, 65 amp alternator and so, so much more.

I added new dash and floor carpet, race style seats and 4-point seat belt harnesses. Of course I still have all of the original interior items (but carpet).

seats.PNG

Being that I am an Audio-Visual engineer by trade, I also installed a 1000 kilowatt (200w x5) sound system with a 12" sub where the spare usually goes.

20210216_195214.jpg

Rather than going into all of the details, in short I am relocating to WA state and will not have room for this car, and my motorcycle and my wife's Q7, not to mention that I will need a daily driver that can deal with rain and snow. That car will cost me around $35k cash, so that would be my starting point to negotiate down for my X.

I can take an immediate $5000 off the starting price if sold without the sound system.

And yes, the "X19" California black plate is included with the transaction.
I can even throw in FREE DELIVERY anywhere in California if it will get me "close" to what I need, and... can include the trailer as well for an extra $5000

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks for looking!

SoCalGeorge

20211107_092410.jpg

20211107_092420.jpg

20211107_092436.jpg

20211107_092443.jpg

20211107_092453.jpg

Oh, one last thing I forgot to mention... Jon says it has around 110-120 HP now

IMG_6574.jpg

Last edited:
I remember seeing this car at the 2021 France Italy car show at woodley park. Very nice car. Lots of work has been done to it. Too bad you have to sell it. Who ever gets this X will have a nice one!

Nice! Love the seats. Original paint? Looks like it's got a twin carb setup. Were there any internal mods done during the engine rebuild?

Greetings all.

Multi year site member, 1st time posting.
So I am looking for some advice as to what to do with my X.

I bought it back in March of 2020 with 45,601 original miles on it and am the 2nd owner on record of this native CA car that has never left SoCal.

View attachment 56407

It currently has 46,804 original miles of which 998 are on the original engine and tranny's rebuild which occurred at 45,806.

View attachment 56406

All engine & transmission work was performed by no one other than Jon Logan at Fiat-124 LTD.
Car was delivered to him shortly after purchase in April of 2020 and I trailed it back to Socal October 2020

View attachment 56408

Aside from the drivetrain work performed by Jon, Midwest-Bayless also provide parts like; WHOA! brakes all around, new brake master cylinder, F& R brake calipers, F & R sway bars, 65 amp alternator and so, so much more.

I added new dash and floor carpet, race style seats and 4-point seat belt harnesses. Of course I still have all of the original interior items (but carpet).

View attachment 56409

Being that I am an Audio-Visual engineer by trade, I also installed a 1000 kilowatt (200w x5) sound system with a 12" sub where the spare usually goes.

View attachment 56410

Rather than going into all of the details, in short I am relocating to WA state and will not have room for this car, and my motorcycle and my wife's Q7, not to mention that I will need a daily driver that can deal with rain and snow. That car will cost me around $35k cash, so that would be my starting point to negotiate down for my X.

I can take an immediate $5000 off the starting price if sold without the sound system.

And yes, the "X19" California black plate is included with the transaction.
I can even throw in FREE DELIVERY anywhere in California if it will get me "close" to what I need, and... can include the trailer as well for an extra $5000

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks for looking!

SoCalGeorge

View attachment 56411

View attachment 56412

View attachment 56413

View attachment 56414

View attachment 56415

Oh, one last thing I forgot to mention... Jon says it has around 110-120 HP now

View attachment 56416
That is my X1/9, next to this car. I looked it over, lots to like. Install some 1974 Bumpers and it would be perfect.
The interior was very nice as well. The sears look like they hold you in place, like a glove.B5128805-BC4B-4C06-8CF1-7D6AD2AECEE0.jpeg

BringATrailer.com is probably your best bet for getting the price you need. I certainly hope you get that price! But, if you don’t get your minimum, it will give you a good idea of true market value.

Greetings fellow X connoisseurs.

Sorry for the lack of responses but I have been fixing up my VA home for sale and have not had time for much the last week or so.

@tvmaster - I will post more pics of the AV system when I get back into LA on Wednesday.

@WhiteyM - paint is all original, car has been garage kept since new (hence straight speedo needle).

I can post a link to the $12k invoice from Jon showing all the parts and mods work he did.

Note that there is another $5K+ worth of bolt on stuff that Matt Brannon at M-B supplied as well.

You will not find a finer car that is turn key and ready to go.

Take again soon.

SoCal George

Back