1979 Lancia HPE For Sale

allansieben

X1/9 Time
1979 Lancia HPE (SOLD!)

I can't believe I'm actually doing this!:shock:

Wanting to find a good home for my 79' HPE

It is a survivor car that was meticulously maintained by its previous owner, and I have full recorded (maintenance log) vehicle history

This is a solid Lancia, the body is straight and the car is unmolested

It has a wonderful pedigree of being purchased here in British Columbia when aquired by it's original owner

I am selling it because I literlally have no room to store it!

THE GOOD:
-Straight body / Excellent paint (an 8/10) very minimal rust
-Low mileage showing 75000 kilometers (believable) but the odometer MAY have spun around once but condition says otherwise
-Near mint interior (black leather in very good condition)
-Brand new Pirelli P6 tires including spare
-New battery
-Shift linkage has been restored with new bushings (very smooth)
-Strong 2 litre DOHC engine / Starts up right away everytime
-5 Speed gearbox shifts very smoothly (great syncros)
-All glass original and free of flaws
-Brand new custom stainless steel rocker panels recently fabricated and installed ( will never rust again) w/ new paint below center chine
-Exhaust system is perfect
-The car drives very well and has no wobble at high speeds nor does it pull to either side

Things Required:
-Volt meter is presently not working
-Starter motor will need new brushes soon (occasional glitches)
-Power steering rack needs new seals (slow leak but have replacement seals)
-Passenger side mirror is missing (I've been waiting for one to pop-up on Ebay...about 75 bucks to obtain)

All in all, considering its age, this HPE is one of the nicer ones out there...If you can find one!
These are extremely rare, and this one belongs to someone who will appreciate it for what it is.
This car could be very easily used as a daily driver

price $4475-

Car is located in Abbotsford BC, Canada

Last edited:
Wrong side of the border and way too far for me.But excellent looking HPE and love it in silver.Good luck with your sale.

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL car, Allan...

and I WANT it!

I just have no place for it figuratively, or literally as well.

What beautiful lines, great condition and highly unusual. What a great "Grand Tourer" it would make...

I'll envy the new owner!

If I find one Tony!

LOL

Hard car to sell..Very narrow market.

Actually my nephew has expressed an interest in it. He is 19 and has an appreciation for anything Italian when it comes to autos.

Now I know what your thinking! "why would you let a 19 year old take on the stewardship of such a rare automobile?"

Short Answer: So I can keep it in the family and keep my eye on it!

Its a rare thing these days to find a young lad who has the same passion for these cars as I do. Perhaps its in the geneology?

Anyways... a week and a half ago I forked out just over two grand in cash to have those rocker panels custom fabricated and the lower portion of the car painted.

The sils are black now with a gravel guard protection coating and the paint match is perfect!

My friend Emil is a master when it comes to steel fabrication. I mean these new rocker panels are the cat's pyjamas!:)

He used stainlees steel to roll and cut the sections for a perfect fit! His TIG welding skills are first rate...I would put him up against any of those gearheads on Speed Network who do custom fab work!

He also cut out all the rust on the car (drivers door and right rear wing) and TIG welded new sections.

The great thing is that all the rust was below the center door crease, hence I didn't have to paint the entire car as the rest of the paint is quite decent! So now the little Lancia is, (dare I say) near perfect!
Emil has successfully de-rusted my HPE.

I cannot believe the condition of this car! It's truley amazing!

It's the only registered HPE in the Province of British Columbia, so as far as I'm concerned, its a 'one off'.

If I had adequate storage, I would keep it. As it turns out by the way, I have three classics already occupying space in my 400 sq ft garage.

My 850 is on wheel dollies and pushed up against the back wall, while my X1/9 and Scorpion sit in their perspective seperate bays.
Damn I wish I had a seven car garage!!! (lol)

Good hearing from ya Tony! The HPE would certainly become a fine addition to anyones collection, including yours!

I would have no qualms driving that car from BC to California...it's THAT GOOD!

Cheers,

Allan

Is your nephew the new owner?

Or did it goes to someone else?

Just curious....

Eric

Well... Happy New Year...

I guess...

Congrats... just tripped over this as I don't look at this forum that often. I agree with all your comments as well. Take care...

Back