1979 X Converted To AN EV For Sale

Something I alway wanted or wanted to do...

but I'm afraid I don't have the room or background to mess with these things.

I would want more range and power as well which I think would be like starting all over. Maybe something like Plasma-Boy here:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rVTIpS5zb4"]White Zombie electric car - Run 2: 10.400 @ 117.21 - PIR 2010/07/30 - YouTube[/ame]

I think your going to have a hard time selling that for $6500...
If I want an X, I want a Fiat Motor or a K20 Conversion.

The 1500 is a gas sipper anyways.
What we look for in these cars is the sound and engine noise.

Well I can't argue with ya Henry... but ya can't deny...

117+ mph in 10.4 seconds in the quarter and hardly a sound... is a DIFFERENT kinda rush!

Would an AC-35X2 Fit?

I'm curious if a dual AC-35 like this would fit? It is 21 inches long.

165 electric HP, which means 188 ft-lbs of torque at zero RPM.

Nucleus

Interesting car

Thanks for sharing it. Performance comes in all flavors and it seems the X1/9 is a great candidate for an EV. Nothing like the torque an electric motor produces. And it looks great! But, a 25 mile range makes it hard to live with.

Very cool! I've often thought that the X was a perfect platform for an EV conversion, in exactly this layout. And really, for your asking price you're giving away a lot of equipment and work. Hope you find a good home for such a unique and cool car!

I'm curious if a dual AC-35 like this would fit? It is 21 inches long.

165 electric HP, which means 188 ft-lbs of torque at zero RPM.

Nucleus
I don't want to turn this into an electric car forum but the dual AC's would be a bit long if you wanted the transmission. My motor is right at 15 inches long and after bolting it to a five speed it is a snug fit between the rails. The best EV forum in my opinion is DIY electric cars. Calabronebertone, you might try there or EV photo album to advertise your car. I looks nice by the way and I think the price is good for some one looking for that kind of project.

Thank you for the compliment

Dragonsgate,
Thanks for the 411 on where to advertise my X.
I have it on EV Tradin Post, EV Finder, EV Album & eBay.

I can comfortably get 30 miles on a charge and that is twice as much as I need for my daily driving. Sometimes I drive the full 30 just for fun and in these twisty roads around here that is a pretty good drive. Been doing it for fifteen years now and lovin it.

Back