1981 Little Sister Convertible for sale - Again - $1,500

Austin74

True Classic
I posted this for sale some time ago, but was talked out of selling it by my local Fiat friends. They wanted to help me get it running with the hope that I would want to hang on to it. After two sessions it still does not start. It runs smoothly for a few seconds and then quits. Now I quit. It is mega-unrusty and a neat piece of Fiat history. Especially for the money. It comes with its original bumpers and a 1300 spoiler and grill for backdating. It also comes with brand new 185-60-13 Achilles tires that have not yet been mounted, plus a bunch of other X1/9 parts. The brakes and clutch work! It could be really cool. Search 'little sister' on this site for threads showing it's history. It has a clear New Mexico title that I never put in my name. I also will be selling the gorgeous 5-spoke Revolution 15" wheels that I purchased for it. The car is $1500 and the Revolution wheels are $350 plus shipping. Search 'Revolution' for a post showing pictures of them. Thanks. BTW it is located in the greater Austin, TX area (Dripping Springs)Door Open.jpg Far View of Side.jpg Driver's Door Panel.jpg Engine Cover and Trunk.jpg Side View 1.jpg Passenger Door Panel.jpg Three Quarter Front View.jpg LilSis4.jpg LilSis2.jpg

Nice convert! By the way, by not putting the X in your name there could be registration troubles coming the buyers way as in years of fees etc.

Thanks, maybe so regarding the fees. I've just bought and sold so many cars in the past this way and not had troubles that I have not worried about it much. I've mostly been in California, Oregon, and Texas though.

I think it's pretty state specific. Very loose here in Michigan. Pretty common to just hand the buyer a signed but other wise blank title (buyer info, dates, price) and let him do what he wants including just sit on it and resell later and stay "off the books", of course you can't plate a car doing that.
The '81 I bought a couple months ago is all blank, I'll just sit on it until I decide what to do, if it looks like it'll make it back on the road I'll get a new title and all that. It's not dated. My kid bought his Porsche that way too. The guy we bought it from never got it titled in his name but it was dated a few years ago and the Secretary of State didn't flinch a bit.

Back