RED X19

same loom covered with something black :D
just to remind You that this car still os going to run someday
5F6C0F82-4FA6-4320-80D9-DE234B7DF36E.jpeg

I've seen a smaller "laser engraver" machine at some trade shows. They typically market is as a hobby business opportunity to offer custom engraving on anything from leather, glass, metal, wood, plastic, etc. You can scan in or program any design and it will 'burn' it onto the surface. The unit I've seen is rather expensive for its fairly small size. But I don't know what you have Janis.

I've seen a smaller "laser engraver" machine at some trade shows. They typically market is as a hobby business opportunity to offer custom engraving on anything from leather, glass, metal, wood, plastic, etc. You can scan in or program any design and it will 'burn' it onto the surface. The unit I've seen is rather expensive for its fairly small size. But I don't know what you have Janis.

... along with that, I'd love to have one of those 3D printers that make parts. What pops into my demented head at the moment is when producing a part, it's kinda like "taking a photo". One piece, one time. Then going further, making a movie... or making a moving part... that's moving or running, etc. etc.

One more step over the line and off the edge... A hologram... made into a 3D thingie, and then giving it motion... or basically a CLONING device, maybe.

Thank God I should not be around if... probably, WHEN, that happens!

I wrote all this stuff sober... I think I better go get a drink!

Let the truth come out 😂

I was so ashamed that did my head in same way, because of low budget.
3.jpg

Should I be worried, if it has been done for engine with turbo?

I thought that You would all notice that in photo I posted few years ago from straight lines of sandpaper :D
D3CF807C-0AB9-49F7-9DEE-F1D476F1BB57.jpeg

I've done it that way before also. I have a professional machinist's straight edge and checked it in every direction with feeler gauges. I was able to get it flatter than a previous experience (different head) done by a machine shop. In my opinion as long as the surface under the sandpaper is completely flat and true, and the sandpaper is the right type with a very fine grit, and your movement of the head is even and balanced, then it will work very well. However it can also get cut at an angle (side to side or end to end) if you don't have even pressure across it. Just keep checking it with a straight edge frequently to help avoid that.

Back