RED X19

Sorry, that photo was just showing that I have reset odometer on x19 to zeros.

I'm not too interested to look for that rag. there are some coolant system problems - that made me take off air filter in the first place. That car was worth 2k, anyhow I would have to spend as minimum 150€ and 3 days of my time, at least 3 days, to get it driveable, and maybe will find out that it's cheaper to swap an engine, but again have no appropriate place and time to do maneuvers like that. That was a good mpg car with LPG 🥺
FD79A0E3-ADA9-43A3-9A5D-21DC7B0316A0.jpeg

So my friend lent me his mx5 till I get some car. Found out it has leaking coolant pump 😂 And no oil on dipstick. am not very happy that tortured classic has been lent to me, that is going to fail at every spot that has not been maintained enough, and will be on my shoulders to repair.
Also I hope that X19 feels different to drive than mx5, am not too impressed, it is like Mini but rwd and seat is in too much rear of the car.
98118AD8-8E0C-4AFA-BB1E-57D17F63D010.jpeg

About oil capacities:
Uno Turbo 1.3 146A2000 - 4.05l
Punto 1.6 176A9000 - 3.63+0,33l(oil filter capacity)=3,93
Punto GT 1.4 turbo 176A4000 - 3,96+0,33=4,29l

From this I assume that my 1.6turbo would need same or very similar as Punto GT, theoretically

You nailed the description of the Miata perfectly. They are night and day from each other, the Miata and the X. I really don’t care for the Miata very much which is frankly terribly disappointing as I have loved the design from the first time I saw one of the preproduction cars.

That's excellent news, easy fix. Now see what's causing the cooling issue. Maybe it will not be too difficult also and you will not need to buy another car - and more importantly you can get rid of the MX5.

Just joined some Youngtimer local group on facebook.
And boooom, first post after I joined it is where some guy sells parted out Uno Turbo.

It is 2AM and can’t get back to sleep now , haha like small kid that found a coin on the road.
If I’ll be lucky, will offer here few things.
5E0C87B3-C974-4745-8ED4-717D294540C7.jpeg

BTW, all... What kinda HP did an Uno-turbo make? It was a 1500 FI as well and they were supposed to be 75 or 85 HP on an NA engine too, was it not?

What would the turbo take it to?

First generation Uno Turbo got 105 PS (100 PS with a catalytic converter) from a 1301cc engine. Later models had a 1372cc engine and got 118 PS, or 114 PS with a catalytic converter.

BTW, all... What kinda HP did an Uno-turbo make? It was a 1500 FI as well and they were supposed to be 75 or 85 HP on an NA engine too, was it not?

What would the turbo take it to?
UT Mk1is1.3l (1301cc) and105hp, UT Mk2 1.4l (1372cc) 115hp. The UT looks almost the same as a 1500 FI but it is stronger. Internally it has different oil galleries and also has an oil cooler.
Stock internals are good for 240-260hp, but there are crazy Italian builds with lots of upgrades with as much as 420hp.

UT Mk1is1.3l (1301cc) and105hp, UT Mk2 1.4l (1372cc) 115hp. The UT looks almost the same as a 1500 FI but it is stronger. Internally it has different oil galleries and also has an oil cooler.
Stock internals are good for 240-260hp, but there are crazy Italian builds with lots of upgrades with as much as 420hp.

Thanks for the info Bjorn... I almost said a 1300 but the FI threw me... as I understood that 1500 FI engines were only sold to NA and nowhere else.

I guess the UT was an exception and I got to stop thinking that there were any RULES ever followed.

Just a little update of what I have heard:

All wiring except except for engine is done - everything works 🥳

Brak calipers need overhaul.

Some pics where You can see something that I didn’t do

Some tumblers, and fusebox in background.
5E2520B0-1E5D-4690-A699-B48AA0227C88.png

Some blue hose on radiator 😏
D1355DB6-DAAB-4762-81DB-701B20C151A8.jpeg

Thank You for Your attention!

Coming along...

Ya know, if you wouldn't mind, DO take a foto of the detailed close-ups but also step back a bit so we can see the overall look and placement of them. Pixels don't cost that much and I'll be glad to send you some!

HA!

I originally mounted my ECU in the space where the spare wheel went, but it kept tripping out due to overheating. The airflow around the engine means that any holes in the firewall (for cables, wires, pipes, etc) will allow hot air to be drawn into the spare wheel space, and likely fumes into the passenger compartment as well 🤢. You need to seal these up tight to prevent this

I originally mounted my ECU in the space where the spare wheel went, but it kept tripping out due to overheating. The airflow around the engine means that any holes in the firewall (for cables, wires, pipes, etc) will allow hot air to be drawn into the spare wheel space, and likely fumes into the passenger compartment as well 🤢. You need to seal these up tight to prevent this
Thanks, will definitely do that.

I originally mounted my ECU in the space where the spare wheel went, but it kept tripping out due to overheating.
I planned on mounting mine there also. And I have been thinking of ways to keep it cool. One thing I will do is mount the ECU on a aluminum heat sink - an actual one with fins (very affordable on eBay). Then I'd like to ensure constant air circulation through the spare tire well, using a fan like in desktop computer housings. However I haven't decided where to place the air inlet and outlet to and from the area for the fan to circulate. For the inlet side the passenger compartment seems good, provided the air cannot move opposite to feed back into the cabin. And as you say, the engine bay is very hot, so to exit the spare well to the bay the fan will need to maintain a positive pressure going that direction. That might work if the fan is run constantly; sucking air from the cabin and blowing it to the bay. Not sure yet.

Back