1982 X1/9- Renton, WA $1200/OBO

cbax19

Low Mileage
1982 FIAT Bertone X1/9 Looking for a Good Home, Red with Black Interior

Photos taken in July: http://imgur.com/a/sqUFH

http://imgur.com/a/MfAt3

http://imgur.com/a/1IQEa

Restored (and owned since) 2003, driven as a daily driver until 2011, parked and covered in a heated garage since (moved out of the country, then to OK, long story...) Could be a good driver if you flushed fluids, replaced belts, battery etc.

Minimal rust, nice interior, beautiful dash with no cracks. Good tires, new starter, clutch, brake calipers, clutch slave and master cylinder, Blaupunkt stereo and speakers etc. Replaced all struts, water pump and engine mounts less than 5,000 miles ago.

Original manual, workshop manuals, and stack of receipts included.

Looking for an enthusiast to refresh and enjoy the car. I was planning on restoring it again, but I'm living in Tulsa now and have projects here (old house, two 60's Citroens, bikes etc.)

Still available as of Friday the 31st. I will include a huge stash of new parts for the price, complete with receipts from Vick.

Sold!

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-QGEQVASfbfo/SK9e9Vyiv-I/AAAAAAAAAKk/wVQ2RiXi4Es/s640/x1.jpg

Last edited:
1982 X for sale

Ben,

It sounds like a "too good to be true" price for an X in the condition you described. Some detailed pics would be helpful.

Ed

Ed,

I will add some photos this afternoon. It's not a perfect car by any means as the mileage is around 170k and it's been sitting since 2011, but would be a good basis for easy restoration.

Still Available July 31

Just a note that the car is still available. I invite anyone interested to check it out. I am now including a huge stash of parts.

Someone needs to get this car!!!!

Hey guys, I have looked over a ton of pictures of this car. If it was not so far away I would be all over this car!!! It does have alot of miles and will need to be restored, but for the money it is a steal. IMHO it is one of the better deals I have seen on a project car, or just get it running and use it as a daily driver until you want to do something more for it. If I wasn't already working on restoring my 86 and it was not a 30 hour drive one way for me to pick it up I would have grabbed it!!!

If I can sell a boat out that way soon to justify the trip it will be mine!

You really should take a look at it, it would be worth it.

PW

I have thought about it for sure

It is really far away and has the windshield frame rot. Still, looks like a good driver. Now if he would have brought it to Oklahoma with him, it probably would have been bought by now.

I have stayed in touch with Ben over the past couple of weeks and I picked up the car today. I'll report back here my plans and progress. First order, getting the fuel cleaned out and getting it running after sitting for 4 years.

Congrats,

I was really interested in that car, hope it was a good a prospect as it looked. Let us know what you find with it, I think it will be a good project!!!

PW

THANK GOD!

I was hoping someone here would grab it... I just couldn't watch such a good deal sit on craigslist for so long!

have fun with it keep us posted

So...I drained all of the fuel, replaced two fuel lines, the fuel filter, the seized fuel pump and tried to start it....

...no dice. Looks like it has spark. I didn't too much troubleshooting after that.

But how likely do you guys think that the fuel injectors or any other part of the fuel system has old stank gas in it and is preventing starting? Fuel injectors clogged/gummed up? Possible?

My next test is to pull the injectors and see if they fire/flow. Then start invetigating spark, etc.

Before you start pulling stuff try a simple test.

Spray some carb cleaner into the intake. If it fires up for a second you have spark and can concentrate on the fuel system.

In either case you will want to pull the injectors and replace all the fuel lines, and injector seals, but try the carb cleaner first to narrow down the problem.

I agree with Roadster... I use Starting Fluid...

Also known as ETHER for about $2 -$3 bucks a can.

If it has spark... it will run on ether. I use this to start cars that have been sitting as it relieves undue stress and also as a troubleshooting shortcut... to determine which way to go first, spark or fuel.

P.S. You STOLE this car... HA!

Back