84 model 5 speed, FI engine- smooth running
Signature car
Air + power windows
All disk brakes + independent suspension
New seats upholstery
Factory service manual + box of extras
Approx 14000 original miles

Price = $4500.00

What do you mean "Signature car"? Yeah, photos would be nice. Low mileage is pretty impressive. Do you mind posting the VIN?

I've heard of targa tops, but not tigra tops.

Is that a female tiger top??? Pix are essential when you wan to sell an item.

Mike

I am sure Suzuki named their X 90 as to resemble the name of our cars. The Suzuki even has similarities in the top and rear pillar with the X. Of course, that vehicle would be just a caricature of the X 1/9.

Signature Car

I've got a Bertone signature placard on my `84 FIAT X1/9. Think it means you got the top model with PW and AC.

Speaking of pix needed -- I just started flying lessons and may NEED to sell my baby.

Question: it seems most folks want to work on their cars. Does the fact that "EVERYTHING WORKS" on mine -- add value or decrease value?

Steve

Entirely depends on the prospective buyer...

Question: it seems most folks want to work on their cars. Does the fact that "EVERYTHING WORKS" on mine -- add value or decrease value?

Steve

But I sincerely believe people that live under the "I'll buy it cheap and fix it up" banner (I am definitely guilty of this so I speak from experience) will end up spending more in the long run if it's got stuff that doesn't work.

And for some buyers, that's part of the journey they desire. Especially with the Fiat crowd, whose mantra seems to be "buy it cheap and I don't mind if it nickels and dimes me to death, I was looking for a project". But there are some like me, that would rather start with a solid platform, and "project up" from there. In the end I bet I pay less. Of course, there are some that say I have less of a journey to tell about later.

I don't think so. I have as much journey to tell as anyone. It's just that my journey will take me from B- to A+, while others delight in the journey from D- to B-.

As I said, it entirely depends on the buyer... :dance:

Pete

I had a new 1/9 in 76 and I loved it till it spun an black ice in MA.

I bought a C I thought was a B and I've improved it to a B. It cost a lot because I had a pro do it. I don't mind this cost too much, but I worry that keeping it a B and taking flying lessons are incompatible. Guess I'll decide in August.

Whatever happened to this car? The OP hasn't been back. I would've liked to see some pics and get some more info.

Given some of the commentary on here, I wouldn't have come back either as we tend not to be the kindest group to outsiders who post ads.

I think we need to hold our tongues a bit as not everyone knows much about these cars and I would bet that most people paste in the same ad they put on other places while attempting to sell to the rest of the non enthusiast world...

^please tell me that was a joke?

Pasted or not, I belong to various car forums of different brands and it always astounds me how people assume they can sell anything much less a whole car, without photos. Not to mention, classic niche market car, that only an enthusiast is going to buy. I sent the OP a PM on the 10th requesting some pictures and a couple questions, still no repsonse.

Everyone is just looking for a reason to get offended, write a detailed ad, post a few good pictures and go from there. If I can do it with my barely useable computer skills, anyone can.

Be it myself or someone else, I would love to see the car go to a good home, and wish the seller nothing but good luck...but this ad needs some work.

I agree with what you say, however not all of us are adept at selling, knowing what is important or in many cases don't actually know much about what is being sold. Thus they latch onto what is unusual about the car that is obvious and in front of them and is obviously different from what they see on their Camry or Taurus.

Yes the ad should have been better but its what they did and doing things that make them feel unwelcome doesn't make them want to come back.

Karl

Back