1985 Bertone X 1/9 For Sale (Gwinn, MI)

Sparks

Brian Mattson
Midwest/Bayless High Performance head, 1974 two pipe exhaust manifold, tuned heat-coated (inside & out) pipes, S/S Magnaflow. Rebuilt 5 speed with all new synchros & bearings, new clutch. Middlestead single rail bumpers, with 1974 in-body blinkers. Calipers rebuilt, new pads. All new cooling hoses and clamps, water pump. Body painted Trons with Sumitomo 185/60's. Trunk repaired with 18 ga sheet metal. Headlight relay mod. S/S fuel lines. K&N, new thermostat, O2 sensor, throttle & speedo cables. 60 k miles. Runs sweet. A/C removed.

Warts: Windshield cracked, passenger seat upholstery seam torn, some rust spots. All detailed in the pictures.

http://s1098.photobucket.com/albums/g363/k8bhz/

Note the sub-album with exhaust details.

Reduced to $4,500 or serious offer.

Brian, "in da UP"

(906) 238-4311
k8bhz*hughes.net

Last edited:
Yes

Yes, I bought it 2 1/2 years ago. This week I brought home a "new" project car, a 1929 Model A Ford! What can I say, it was on my "bucket list"....

Brian

Well you need to be like me. I have the X and I have a 31 Model A. They are both head turners. I guess you need to sell the X to fund the A.

I Know my limits...

I have a personal rule, only one project car at a time. It's a matter of garage space, time, and money. Otherwise, I'd still have 2 Jags, 5 MG's, 3 Alfa's, a Fiat 600, and Swiss Army Unimog in my back yard....

Having owned the Alfa's, and the Fiat 600, I was curious about the X 1/9. I've taken the engine about as far as I wanted, and shed as much weight as I cared to. The resulting power to weight ratio has been impressive. The handling is better than any of my Alfa's.

The Model A Ford National Convention was just held in nearby Marquette, MI. The 400 A's running around just pushed me over the edge...

Brian

I'd say that's a very nice looking X, with the exception of the Midwest rust. I like the two-tone paint with the small bumpers.

Price Reduced.....

From $6,500 OBO to $4500 OBO. FWIW, the parts for the Hi-Po head swap & total tranny rebuild,along with associated parts, come to about $3,000 alone.

I've concentrated on sorting out the mechanicals and improving the power to weight, but the remaining appearance issues are not that serious. The car performs well.

The 1929 Model A Ford project is ramping up.....

Brian, "In da UP"

shoot...

I am tempted, it's a good deal, but: hassle with importing a car from US to Canada and even bigger hassle with SO, as it would be car #4 and X #2 ....

Back