1985 fiat bertone x19

P

puggy76

thought the car was sold . didn't happened. asking 500.00 for whole car as parts car only!!! located in pulaski va can provide pictures in e mail. my e mail bejoy5*verizon.net i have had this car several years, got lots of extra parts with it plus for extra 100.00 you can have new windsheild that was bought for it.but not installed. car runs and i replaced trans. fuel injected 5 speed. because it is being sold as parts car it will have to be hauled. first come first served. please dont jerk me around thanks joyce or jb

I'll try to upload pictures

He e-mailed pictures. Told me "got tired of messing with it plus title issues." I will try to upload the pics later tonight, but I doubt anyone on this board will want it.
img23

Last edited:
OK Here is my rant. I have purchased more than my fair share of Xs that did not run and were less than 500 bucks. But this car is a 200 dollar car as advertised. People always think because they have a unique car it has a floor when it comes to price and if you negotiate you are " Jerking them around " Well here it comes brace your self. IF you get a throw a way camera and hand it to a 3 year old and ask them to take pics of what you are attempting to sell to the general public, and the pics look like crap. Then when people ask you questions about your car because there is obviously not enough info to make an educated decision then your the one that is Jerking around the general public that has the money for your POS... Now go and take some seriously detailed pictures and upload them like a good little boy and Post them and metaphorically Kiss our butts to inform you of the true value since we are the experts or take your chances on Craigslist with some psycho or spend 75 bucks on ebay with your crappy pics...Rant OVer.:rolleyes:

Geez Jeff, you fall out of the wrong side...

... of your bunk today?

All of what you said is true... and we all know it but I doubt its gonna convince anyone to operate differently.

Also... as I'm sure you know all too well... there are some folks that take 500 high quality fotos that are staged in such a way to hide certain issues and end up telling the viewer virtually NOTHING!

I think I've seen more of that crap than the former!

Now... go take a walk as its beautiful out there!

Actually Alex, If I were Matt...

I'd charge HIM $500 to tow it away... HA!

I do tend to agree with Jeff though... $200 MAX... more like $50 - $100 from what I see... but there MAY be a good element or two worth the money. But it's a risk as I doubt there was a recent trans rebuild valued at $1000 or better...

There sure is a flaky history for both the car and the sale and possibly the owner. I would need a VIN run before I bought the entire car.

Wouldn't a Car Fax...

...say if it was stolen? That's your only concern, right? It's a parts car, so I cannot imagine any other info would be important. By looking at the pics, I cannot imagine anyone would have risked jail time by stealing it.

It might make a good lemons candidate aka recipient for that Northstar V8 I picked up last summer... but not for $500.00... need it closer to $200 and closer to me to make that swap work....

FWIIW, every state is different, but in VA you can't sell a vehicle without a legit title, or so says the VA officer I know. Whatever the amount, sounds like it might cost more to sort the legal out than what the vehicle is worth.

FWIIW, every state is different, but in VA you can't sell a vehicle without a legit title, or so says the VA officer I know. Whatever the amount, sounds like it might cost more to sort the legal out than what the vehicle is worth.

maybe not, but coming from out of state i can't imagine it's illegal to buy a vehicle for cash...the liability (legal and otherwise) may stay with the seller...but from the buyer's standpoint, you just need to follow the rules in the state you wish to register in.

Back