1987 Fine looking specimen (not mine)

Q About Color-Keyed Engine Cover

Does look nice!

Quick question, is it "correct***" to have a color-keyed engine cover, and if so, just for the last year or so ('87)?

***Standard disclaimer: acknowledgment that X1/9 model year differences in some cases can be "soft" transitions rather than "hard" changes.

Does look nice!

Quick question, is it "correct***" to have a color-keyed engine cover, and if so, just for the last year or so ('87)?

***Standard disclaimer: acknowledgment that X1/9 model year differences in some cases can be "soft" transitions rather than "hard" changes.

For an 87 anyway this is correct, as mine is this way and have pics when it was new from the po.
John

My data is possibly tampered with in this area...

My 86, which I bought new, had a flat black engine cover and gloss black body paint, so I assume the 86 engine covers were not body colored. Although since the rest of the body was black, I don't know if this applied to all 86's. I've never seen a gloss black engine cover on any year X that was original.

My 87 definitely has a body colored (burgundy) engine cover. But it's been through a repaint and I have not owned it since new, so tough to say. I can only assume the repainter did the engine cover since he saw that it was originally that way.

Pete

Does look nice!

Yes,i have same car.......:nod:

Greg...how do you know he got it?? Only can see taht item is no longer for sale...

penpal with Michael from the mint2me site. Sold off the 2me site for the 11k asking price to end the eBay auction early.

The ebay result I see says reserve not met with 15 bids ending up at $6,100.
Look at the very top... auction was ended early.happens all the time.

"This listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available."

I've been following three different cars on eBay...

....none of them Fiats....Each has "sold" at least three times in the past six months, but for some reason they keep coming back up for auction by the same seller. Ask JJay about this. He has dealt with A LOT of these transactions over the past couple years.

^^^
sure nothing new obviously with the no binding contract with eBay besides the FB --- so plenty of nonsense.

I still like to follow the X sales when I see nice examples pop up.
Since last summer 5 Xs have sold between 9,000-11,000 which is nice.
>>>time capsule "87" went to Ohio
>>>2-tone (R&B) with the rust at the windshield corner
>>>Fiatpwr from the Cali dealer
>>>Black low-rider
>>>and now this one.
I might be missing a couple but these were all legit.

Back