1991 Yugo GV Plus

I'm thinking about soldering as many holes as possible and encasing the tank in a layer of fiberglass resin then coating the inside with Caswell epoxy tank sealer.

Have one made...

Either have one made or pound one out yourself.

I would be very hesitant to use epoxy and fiberglass.

You would be surprised how easily aluminum is to work with when annealed... Steel is the same.

Use the existing tank as a form.

Just my .02...

Looks like an awesome car.

Yikes. Worst I have ever seen.
Made of unobtainium as well.

Send it off to a RENU facility. Send them photo's first.

Carb'd Tank

Could you not use a modified take from a carb'd car?

It seems like that would be much easier than the other alternatives being discussed.

-Dean

That is something I've considered. Depending on what it takes to fix the tank I have that is probably what I will do.

That is something I've considered. Depending on what it takes to fix the tank I have that is probably what I will do.

The mount points for the F.I. tank encompass the mounts for the carbed tank. I think I have one. It is a good 2.5 gallons smaller but I think I have a serviceable one. The fill hose is different, I don't know the FI hose will work.

Got a good gas tank!:dance:

Attached to an entire car

IMG_20130818_102241.jpg

If it is an FI model

If it is an FI model. I would like to buy the center exhaust Hanger (center of the car right after the down pipe bend). I've never seen one, But I was told I need one for my performance exhaust..
Please let me know..

It's a 1991 GV Plus exactly like mine (other than color). I need to strip the car ASAP because I can't store it so I should have all the parts off it next weekend. I'll check on the exhaust part then.

I can probably use the electronic ignition for my 128,but really need to dig out whats really needed and if feasible.And if you want to sell of course...

rear side windows

Are the rear side windows tinted? or do they just look that way in the Pic? If they are tinted.. I'd be interested in those too!!

Are the rear side windows tinted? or do they just look that way in the Pic? If they are tinted.. I'd be interested in those too!!

They are film tinted very dark and the tint is bubbling around the edges. I think you would be better off having yours tinted exactly the way you want them.

If it is an FI model. I would like to buy the center exhaust Hanger (center of the car right after the down pipe bend). I've never seen one, But I was told I need one for my performance exhaust..
Please let me know..

This is what is on the car. It is spot welded to the body but I can drill out the welds and you could probably attach it to your car with bolts and rivnuts.

IMG_20130823_190026.jpg

Got all the parts off the car including a tank with no extra holes in it. The inside of the tank is a little rusty but it should clean up fine.

IMG_20130825_182427.jpg

IMG_20130825_183948.jpg

Back