1992 Corvette Megasquirt V3 with MX3X Board

JohnM24018

Megasquirt 3 with MX3X expansion board.
1992 stock base convertible Corvette with Optispark & LT1
MS3X 357 - C
1.5.1 CAN ENABLED
Unit purchased assembled from DIYAutoTune complete with wires

Before the Megasquirt was installed the car ran fine, fuel pressure fine, new plugs, wires, Optispark, fuel pump, rebuilt injectors from EFI Cummings GA. The car was in overall good shape.

I apologize for the Corvette post. I was directed here & signed up before I realized it was a Fiat Forum. I always liked the Dino.
Apparently my files require Tuner Studio to open, sorry for the misinformation. They will not load.

Problem: Car will not start.

> Battery continually fed by charger
> Cranks well
> Setup using a publication from DIYAutoTune

How to MegaSquirt Your Chevy LT1, LT4 or L99 with Opti-Spark Ignition​

> Optispark was specified in Ignition Settings / Ignition Options. Other information comes from the above article:

Under the ignition setup menu, set the following.
  • Spark mode: Optispark
  • Trigger Angle / Offset: 0 (adjust as needed if your timing doesn’t line up)
  • Ignition input capture:
    • Rising edge (MS3X)
    • Falling edge (MS3Pro)
  • Spark output: Going High / Inverted if using stock ignition module
  • Number of coils: Single coil
  • Spark hardware in use:
    • MS3X spark (MS3X)
    • Spark (MS3Pro)
  • Cam input:
    • MS3X cam in (MS3X)
    • Digital Switched In 2 (MS3Pro)
    • Note that some Optispark distributors, particularly ones not made by GM, may require turning on the Flip Polarity on High Res Tach signal.
> I am using a new Ignition Control Module & Coil specified for a 1997 Suburban. The setup was checked using the
How To Test The GM Ignition Control Module (1995-2005). It passed.
> I am including the folder TunerStudio is using.
> I have attempted to include log files of logged cranking by attaching the project folder.

Here is what happens:
> Upon cranking engine spins but will not catch.
> A squirt of starting fluid & the engine catches fine - very short run as I didn't want to run it on starting fluid.
> A test light between the terminals of a fuel injector plug flashes on engine crank.

It appears I have both fuel and spark. I believe I have settings that are inappropriate to run an LT1 with the Optispark.

Any help would be appreciated.

Not too many people here using a mega squirt. You’d have better luck on aftermarket FI websites.

Back