1st drive of season!

kayaker37

True Classic
It was so nice yesterday, decided to charge up the Fiat and motorcycle battery, and today both started! Fiat fired up easier than the bike, but what a beautiful day. The car got pretty dusty in the garage, so I'll have to wash that soon, but it was nice to take it out and find that everything worked, although I had to hold the shifter in reverse othwise it wouldn't stay, but otherwise felt great :)

Paul

You X is just a hard chargin', go getter

It does not want to go in reverse! There is no retreat! :)

Congrats on your first drive. Spring may be on the way, then again it might snow again before springs official arrival.

im getting excited, got the battery charging as we speak, hopefully this weekend it will fire up, i gotta plow the drive to get it out, but it should fire up

Drovew mine to work today

The 1st time in almost 3 months. I did leave the top on this morning. I will see about lunch time. :)

Last weekend was also for me the first drive this year.
Can't really explain it, but I was smiling the rest of the day.

they salt in nc?

anyways, got mine started today, had the battery on the charger all day at work, brought it home, put it in, cranked it to get the oil to the top of the engine, while it was idling, i cleared teh drive so i could take it out

needless to say, it was way more willing to put down power than the snow blower, drove it to the parts store for an oil filter and some oil, i always try to change the oil once a year, usually in the start of the driving season, however i may change it before i store it too

I hope to get my 81 out at the end of the month

Just waiting for the glacier to receed and some rain to wash the salt off the road.......Then for some brake work, new belts and seal up the cam housing that is leaking oil....also put in a thermostat.....mine does not have one in it.....

Salt in NC?

Yea, especially this year! The roads are still covered in white stains, and I'm not as high up as Kevin. No rain since the last snow storm. Hopefully the end of this week some will come wash it away. I bought a new battery and a water-prof battery tender this past weekend so I will be ready as soon as the streets are salt-free...can't wait!

Back