2024 Greenwich Concours Bertone Class

"Vehicles must be accepted through the vehicle submission process to receive an exclusive invitation."

and

"as well as some additional questions necessary for the selection committee to evaluate your entry."

Looking at last year's winners, in order to win your car must be too nice to drive. But Hagerty doesn't seem to have gone full-snob, so I'm betting a great example of an X would qualify.

hmm. Does a FIAT badged X qualify? I expect so unless they are being very hard core :)
I can't imagine that the class would exclude anything without Bertone as the manufacturer or brand name, since (to my knowledge) Bertone only ever sold two products under its own badge:
1. Of course, the 1983-end X1/9 in the North American market. (Again, to my knowledge, the X1/9 was sold as a FIAT product everywhere else for its entire run.)
2. The Bertone Freeclimber. Apparently in the mid-80s Daihatsu decided to offer "whitebox" versions of its small Rugger 4x4. Toyota sold them in Japan as a Toyota Blizzard, and somehow Bertone managed to combine this product with a choice of 3 BMW engines and sell it under its own Bertone badge.

If they really meant that the only cars eligible for this class are cars with a Bertone brand name, then they'd be excluding icons such as the Afa BAT cars, Miura, Countach, 308GT4, those cool chop-top Volvo 262Cs they did, etc.

Dug this one back up since the event is less than a month away. Is anyone planning on attending? Better still, is anyone here bringing their car/s?

1. Of course, the 1983-end X1/9 in the North American market. (Again, to my knowledge, the X1/9 was sold as a FIAT product everywhere else for its entire run.)
Not quite - in Australia, X was a FIAT up to and including 1982. As FIAT handed responsibility to Bertone, the car disappeared from Australia. We got none over the period 1983 to 1987. X returned in 1988 as a Bertone.

Back