27th Annual Huntington Beach Concours d, Elegance 2012 proudly winner X1/9

Hi Guys.

This month has been so far the most exciting of the year, Van Halen's concert last Jun 12th, the reunion with my friends from high school with their families who came for the concert and something not entirely expected, winning first place in the "27th Annual Huntington Beach Concours d, Elegance 2012”.

http://hbconcours.org/

Within the category “02A street” of my X 1/9

This day was for the sole purpose of seeing and enjoying the amazing cars that come there to take pictures and have fun, I never thought that my Fiat X 1/9 to compete against both car, which most pleasant surprise to know I won the first place! .

Because I did not expect to win anything, leave the show early, around 13:00 arrives home and enjoy my children, a couple of days later, Tony called me and explained that wins the award and jeff I had received for me, so thanks to Jeff as well.
I did not post these photos because I was busy. Hope you like it.

mocowinner000.jpg

mocowinner001.jpg

mocowinner002.jpg

mocowinner003.jpg

mocowinner004.jpg

mocowinner005.jpg

mocowinner006.jpg

mocowinner007.jpg

mocowinner008.jpg

mocowinner009.jpg

mocowinner010.jpg

mocowinner011.jpg

mocowinner012.jpg

mocowinner013.jpg

mocowinner014.jpg

mocowinner015.jpg

mocowinner016.jpg

mocowinner017.jpg

mocowinner018.jpg

mocowinner019.jpg

Thanks for watching

Congrats Ricardo

You should be proud. You have put a lot of effort into your car and it is a beauty for sure. :thumbsup:

A car with personality

Some of the nicest photos I've seen to date of your car.
Truly nice Ricardo! :clap:

BTW, what is that green lamp for on the upper left of the center console?

thanks Bob

Some of the nicest photos I've seen to date of your car.
Truly nice Ricardo! :clap:

BTW, what is that green lamp for on the upper left of the center console?

The green lamp on the console it was my first "lamp warning against overheating". turns on when the radiator fan turns on, also the extra buttom on the console is to turns on manually the fans if fails the thermoswith. (I don't use it yet )

Wow, stunning looking car and well deserved Ricardo

How was the Van Halen concert ?,I hope they come to the UK I have not seen them with DLR only Sammy Hagar

Well done again

Well deserved Ricardo

Your outstanding work ethic has paid off, your's is a fine example of creativity and ingenuity; my respects. If I was a magazine writer I'd want to be the first one to get your story on a front cover with a chronological step by step of what you have accomplished, so to encourage others to continue the trend. Never mind the cost, satisfaction has no price for the nuts like us. Thank you for being an example to us all and yes, my girlfriend and I also enjoyed the show. Keep on trucking dude!

VH concert

Wow, stunning looking car and well deserved Ricardo

How was the Van Halen concert ?,I hope they come to the UK I have not seen them with DLR only Sammy Hagar

Well done again

The concert was awesome!, we need to recognize VH is not the best on concert, but see them together like in 80's is priceless! also I when to the reunion concert on 2007 wordless!.
Sammy hagar's era is really cool too, I saw many concert with him, he's incredible!
With Gary Cherone just to say. :shh:

thanks for ask, this is one to my favorite bands ever (IRON MAIDEN and DIO too of course!)

I seen them in 95 at the Wembley stadium, but I prefer the DLR era so i hope they tour the UK.

Very lucky to get to the reunion concert

I also like Tesla,Foos and most heavy rock/metal

PS I know what you mean about Gary Cherone

Last edited:
Congratulations mi amigo.Tarde pero seguro...was on vacation when this.Very well deserved!!!!
Same thing happened to me couple of months ago.Wentto the Dallas Annual British and European Car Show and paid to get the car in as it is for a nonprofit organization plus got to park insjde saving me a long walk.Didnt wanted to register the car but wife insisted as we were already inside carshow premises.They have their own judges plus attending public can also vote.Arrived late and left early.A friend of mine called me later that afternoon saying i got 2nd place.Thought it was 2nd place out of 3-4 Fiats in attendance,2 of the new 500's.Ok....Fine with me.But then on next saturday during Vicks open house found soout i really won 2nd place out of all the italian cars participating....so much better!!!!....

Back