3" diameter (OD) aluminum crankshaft pulley for 850 FIAT $100

Frank L. Di Gioia

True Classic
Excellent condition 3 inch OD pulley with advance degree markings for a Fiat 850 CCW rotation motorDSCI1167.JPG . I'll trade straight across for a similar aluminum pulley in similar condition of LARGER diameter as I'm going to be running on the street and want lower RPM higher water volume flow. There are no wear marks from the fan belt. I'm into Ebay "buy it now" so the first person to say "buy it now" owns it. In this case I'll accept a "I have a trade pulley" as being the same until we sort out the details.

Attachments

• DSCI1166.JPG
    DSCI1166.JPG
    185 KB · Views: 5
I recently determined that a 850 crank pulley fits the X1/9 (1500) crank. I'm not completely certain if the belt groove is at the exact same placement (belt alignment wise) - I did not check that. But this might be a nice undersized "power pulley" for a X racer. With such a application you would likely have a non-stock alternator, so belt alignment can be made to fit this pulley.

Frank, not sure if I misunderstood you. But going to a larger crank pulley will increase the water pump speed (for the same size water pump pulley). Perhaps that is what you meant.

I recently determined that a 850 crank pulley fits the X1/9 (1500) crank. I'm not completely certain if the belt groove is at the exact same placement (belt alignment wise) - I did not check that. But this might be a nice undersized "power pulley" for a X racer. With such a application you would likely have a non-stock alternator, so belt alignment can be made to fit this pulley.

Frank, not sure if I misunderstood you. But going to a larger crank pulley will increase the water pump speed (for the same size water pump pulley). Perhaps that is what you meant.
Hi Jeff,
Er, with English as a third language I've been told there are sometimes clarity problems with my writing. Yes, I want more water at lower speed.

A stock 850 pulley with the centrifugal oil filter is approx. 5-1/2" dia. An alternate to the Frank's alloy pulley in a somewhat larger dia. would be one from an early 600 like in this photo which is approx. 4-1/2" dia. The small pulley on the left (3") is a steel version of the alloy one.

If you're going to use an early 600 pulley or Frank's alloy one on an 850 based engine, you'd need to plug the snout of the crank and go to a remote oil filter. I don't know what fits an X1/9 crank.

Attachments

• DSCF1001.JPG
    DSCF1001.JPG
    267.3 KB · Views: 9
Back