4 cylinder mid engine cars?

REDMR2

Daily Driver
I was thinking the other day, what are all the 4 cl midies?

The 914

Fiat x19 and Lancia x20

Lotus Eruopa

Pontiac Fiero

Three different Toyotas.

These all appeared in the US. Did I miss one? Elsewhere?

how about...

Lotus Elise
Lotus Exige
Renault 5 Turbo
Lotus Esprit
Matra M530
MG F
Ford RS200
T Rex

Last edited:
All the Matra's are mid engined 4's:

Jet/DJet
M530
Bagheera
Murena

Also don't forget the DeTomaso Vallelunga, Ariel Atom, Opel Speester, Renault Sport Spider, Ginetta G2,3,4,15,21,23,24,26,28,30,31,32,33, Lancia 037, S4, ECV1 and ECV2.

The porsche cayman and BMW M1's are 6s.

Apologies - not all of the Ginetta's were mid engined. I don't know enough about the various models to say which but the most produced (the G15) certainly is.

Last edited:
Peugeot 205 T16

1984_Peugeot_205_T16_007_9116.jpg

Hay

DeTomaso Pantera and smart roadster
Maybe I'm crazy for thinking this but I think we should stick to big production cars because I can think of all kinds of small production and kit cars.

That was fun!

No, I did not think the Pantera was on the list.

Yes, I blew it on the modern Lotuses, should have thought of them myself.

Also had known of a short run Renault.

Gonna go look up the others.

Saw four Sunbeam Tigers in a parking lot today when I went to my Triumph breakfast.

I think the Smart is a 3 Cylinder?

yes - putting in the Lancia ECV's was cheeky as they weren't production cars - but the 037 and S4's could certainly be purchased (if you had enough Lira!) in Stradale versions. All the others were production too - albeit some are pretty rare!

I contemplated putting in the Stratos Zero, Bertone Runabout and Shake too - especially because those 3 are so close to OUR hearts! :grouphug:

Didn't Maxwell Smart drive a Sunbeam Tiger??

Big engine in a little car. Good for taking a nice drive with Agent 99.

Mike

Thought of another middie 4Cyl - KTM X-Bow (which was to be the "new X1/9" made under licence with a 500 Abarth motor - but that seems to have gone quiet... probably thanks to the Alfa 4C which you can't buy yet so I didn't include)

Back