42 dcnf quiz

mikemo90

True Classic
i have had my 42's on my x for hundreds of years.... took the setup off and ran the f.i. setup for many more. the car is sitting as I re finish the flairs. so a wild hair up my butt and I wanted to install the carbs again, and I, for the life of me remember how I ran the linkage from the cam cover to the carbs. cam cover is the same, the throttle cable is the same and I didn't run a second bell crank, so..... anybody out there that might have some pics on howzit done?? I tried to reverse the carbs and the throttle is backwards. anybody??
mikemo

I found this to be effective and simple.
Drilled out the original bracket and mounted it further left on the shaft. Silver soldered it in place.
I use the original pushrof off the single carb IIRC.

ID1N1580.JPG

I found this to be effective and simple.
Drilled out the original bracket and mounted it further left on the shaft. Silver soldered it in place.
I use the original pushrof off the single carb IIRC.

View attachment 5153
thanks ulix, autox19 and rlplenter !!! kinda not wanted to go that route, but seeing the brain fart I had since I removed what I had it looks like the most viable means to use. god knows I have a ton of cam covers and shafts to experiment with
mikemo

I did not want to add any axial load on the shaft on the valve cover and on the throttle shafts.
That's why I went through the effort to move the bracket to the point in line with the linkage ball on the carb linkage.

well I think I have the solution at hand. I moved the actuating lever/ball to the inside of the passenger carb, and it looks like an almost straight shot. it's off by a few(1-2) inches. I also have a ton of small heim joints in varying lengths from my 1/4 midgets I can use to make the install a little more flashy. thank again for all the input guys/gals !!!
mikemo

Back