600 @ Autocross in Virginia Beach yesterday

gene cooley

Autocrosser
We ran a Tidewater Sports Car Club Autocross Virginia Beach yesterday.
Good day, 70F? in the afternoon. The Fiat ran 2nd overall to the SCCA 2021 National Champion CSP Miata.
Also in attendance was the Old Dominion University SAE Team. They were there to run a Legends car and do some test and tune and get some driver time in their SAE car. They also did course worker assignments for a donation to the SAE program. My son and I jumped on that right away.
At the end of the event they took some pics of the Legends car, the SAE car and the Fiat. I always thought SAE cars were tiny things, but next to the Legends car and the 600 it looked very large. Hope to see them out again.
27650375474152.jpeg

We went over the car today. I had a 65-70 mph snap spin at last Sundays AX that rattled the car enough to break loose some repaired structural sheet metal.We didn't destroy anything but it was bad enough that we cancelled our plans to run on 12/4. This leaves us at a point that involves a scratch built mid engined chassis for the 600 or for the 850 Spider that is also showing signs of terminal chassis rust.

I meant to post last Sundays results but didn't get to it. If you have any interest in how the 600 fared just go to TSCC.com and click on the box on the upper right corner that will take you to 11/21 raw time results. It was a good day for the 600 until I broke it.

Last edited:
Back