7 piece carpet on eBay review...

bb4re

86X 22,000 miles
...As many of you may remember, I purchased a very expensive 7 piece custom carpet set for my Dallara-style X project (black with orange stitching). As I stated when I received the carpet, it is EXTREMELY thin and frail. They didn't do the custom stitching that was assured me via several emails, and the carpet took about two and a half months to receive.
Today I test fitted the carpets in a rotisserie car we are doing for a customer, just to see how it fits. The verdict is in...these aren't very good, at all. I am not stating this as a vendor, but as an X owner. If I felt this was a viable option, I would use these pieces as a pattern and send them out to a company that makes a thicker carpet, and market them. The way these fit in our tiny cockpits, our feet would be hitting every little corner of the pieces and it would be destroyed in short order.
I contacted the eBay seller via several emails (they are in the Netherlands) and never once received a response. It took SO long for the carpets to arrive, I couldn't even post any feedback. I think after 45 days have past from a sales' end, feedback cannot be left.
Needless to say, I wasted well over $300 on this carpet set and hope nobody else has to go through the same issues. Just as a reference, all of their carpets and floormats say "VELOURS" in their titles.
If anyone here has had better luck with these products, please post it here so we can have two sides of the product.

Yeah, eBay's feedback policy sucks for overseas

I got shafted on the Uno Turbo motor/trans I imported, yet couldn't leave feedback for the same reason.

FWIW I bought a new 1-piece black carpet off eBay and it was fantastic. Again, took a while to install so couldn't even leave GOOD feedback for that one.

Dang that really sucks Thomas. I remember you weren't very happy (with good cause). I was really hoping that they could have been used for patterns then the cost would be justifiable. Is there anything ebay will do for you?

My suggestion would be to always pay PayPal with a credit card rather than with funds you have in PayPal for purchases under less than ideal circumstances.

That way you may be able to get your CC company to cover your losses.

Sorry to hear that

Bad for buisness when the product your selling is expensive and of bad quality.

We wouldn't sell it...

...for 1/2 the price of the eBay vendor. It is terribly thin and won't hold up for a single season of driving. I will use it in my car (since I paid for it), but will have it covered up for protective reasons when I am behind the wheel.

Thomas,

I am sorry to hear you had to deal with this level of poop. It just reenforces (for me) that I need to stick with reputable vendors for my X stuff like FiatPlus and Midwest and of course Henke when I need to venture out for some unique stuff.

Do you REALLY want to go through all the work of replacing it again a couple years down the road? PLUS having to look at it as a reminder? Is your time worth more or less than the price of the lousy carpet? If it's worth more, call it a loss and get a good quality one, then be happy every time you look at it.

...for 1/2 the price of the eBay vendor. It is terribly thin and won't hold up for a single season of driving. I will use it in my car (since I paid for it), but will have it covered up for protective reasons when I am behind the wheel.

Spot on!

I've only had one bad experience in all the years of eBay purchases.

Won a Gran Finale spoiler on eBay that the seller packaged/shipped like a moron...Just one thin strip of cardboard and absolutely no protection... ie-bubble wrap. Spoiler did not stand a chance...both tips destroyed :(

Paypal froze the transaction and took both sides of the story...Fed Ex came back to inspect the spoiler and packaging.

My credit card was refunded in full including the shipping :thumbsup:

Thanks for letting us know Thomas...bummer but it can't be all that bad...You still get to work at Midwest Bayless :guitar:

My suggestion would be to always pay PayPal with a credit card rather than with funds you have in PayPal for purchases under less than ideal circumstances.

That way you may be able to get your CC company to cover your losses.

So...

...just throw the $360 carpet away and not get ANY use out of it? My pockets aren't that deep, and I still have to pay for the Dallara Kit, installation, paint and engine work.
I can "show" it off to everyone that sees it...and that will help convince others against buying the same.:guitar:

Ouch!

I didn't realize it was $360! Yeah, that sucks big time.

I guess I'm in the same position with the Uno Turbo to the tune of nearly 10 times that (after shipping/customs/etc). Too much into it to just scrap, so it just sits until I'm ready to throw the next pile of money at it. :blackeye:

...just throw the $360 carpet away and not get ANY use out of it? My pockets aren't that deep, and I still have to pay for the Dallara Kit, installation, paint and engine work.
I can "show" it off to everyone that sees it...and that will help convince others against buying the same.:guitar:

Back