74 Sedan from NZ

ernie42

Daily Driver
Hi guys I am in the final stages of getting my 74 1100 (60k original miles) sedan back on the road. It’s a true barn find having been kept in storage for the last 15 years by a guy that was going to restore it for his daughter as a first car but she wanted a Nissan micra instead-young people nowadays.
Its rust free except for a 1 inch spot on the rear of the passengers front door. I have fitted the inlet and exhaust manifold from a 1300 and added a weber 30/32 Dmtr and 1 7/8 inch exhaust and changed to electronic ignition.
I’ve upgraded most of the electronics including relaying the headlights and starter and the new hella spot lights- am just waiting for some brushes for a 55amp alternator and will relay the wipers once I remove the voltage regulator and get some room. I made up some adapters and have changed the headlights over to Hellas and added a new starter motor. Changed the standard gauges over to a rally cluster with Tacho and made up a PVC mount for the oil pressure and water temp gauges to replace the ashtray. It has new brakes and new boge shocks all round. I am running SL front springs and shocks and the rear spring has been reset 40mm lower. I have just finished making a short throw shifter that will go on soon.

I have just modified my front struts and steering knuckle to use 12mm adjustable camber bolts and was wondering if anyone could tell me a good starting point for front and rear camber settings- the car is about 40mm lower than stock and running standard rims with 175/70.
cheers Evan

Back