76 Emission vacuum hose air pump diagram

driveability

Low Mileage
I have agreed to sell my 76 and do so :( :( :(
The young guy and I made a deal and I agreed to get it smoged. I think since it's law here in CA. its the thing to do. I have held a Ca. smog test and repair license for years but don't now. The X has a little different twist in the way they set things up and I want to get it right. I'm sure the smog tech would stare at the system for a while and not have a clew, although he wouldn't let on LOL. Still its good to get him started with the correct set-up.
Anyone have a 76 or there abouts diagram ? :)

1300 emissions

from Damon's online manual.
http://www.midwesternmedicalmachine.com/~damonfg/X_FSM/PDF_Files/X1-9_102-58_10-105.pdf

Note that the colorful page is for the 79 emissions.. I am not sure the 74-78 shared the color coded "red-yellow-green" manifold.

They did not :(

All of the non-cat 1300s were very similar: air injection with vacuum-operated bypass valve, the same crankcase vent system, the same carb and tank vapor control systems. You'll be able to get by with a shop manual from any year 1300; also an appeal to mira for service letters might turn something up.

The biggest difference that I remember offhand is that early models used the Satan's Pipe air injection manifold, four separate ports and a runner along the sparkplug side of the motor, designed to make even plug changes really difficult. Later models used a single air injection manifold at the flywheel end of the head.

I do not remember when they stopped using the exasperating vacuum retard on the 1300s. I know the '74 had it; don;t know about later years.

Possibly unnecessary data dump. 74-78 emissions manual pages

Here are a bunch of pages from my official "74-78 Fiat X1/9 Shop manual"

Maybe you can find what you need in here:

pgs 61-63

pgs 167-174

I scanned them for someone else a while back. Figured I might as well post them. I believe I scanned them at a good resolution for re-printing.

Good luck!!

Thanks Eric

for the confirmation on the colorful manifold. I was too lazy to go dig out the 78 and look for myself.

My 78 is a "California Car", so it has the cat, air pump, etc. Even has a cute little CA emissions decal on the pass side of the windshield. All the equipment is still installed, even though the car now resides in fly-over country. One of these days, I am pulling all that cr*p off the car.

Thanks for the assistance. :woot:

The one thing I see is the lower and largest hose at the bottom of the carbon canister leads to the exhaust manifold at a heat shield. Never seen that before. It appears to be on one of the pictures above as well. A canister must breath/get air somehow but this is how it seems to work on the X Let me know if I'm misguided. :shock2:

My car doesn't have an egr or dist vacuum advance. I don't mean its gone, just didn't come with one.

I also wanted to add my setup is different from what's posted.

The Air pump system is where there's some question. My car has (the large Valve connected to the air pump) a valve which has two large hoses for the pumped air and two vacuum ports. My electro valve only has two vacuum ports. The odd things is Tea-ed into the large air pump hose is a vacuum port.

IF anyone has more examples of the air pump system could you post them.

This air pump system is just like mine !!!! Glad to have found the correct information.

128wcat.gif

Back