76' K20 restmod

DSobota

Daily Driver
Hello to all the x1/9'rs out there. New to this site and to blogging for that matter but I recently have committed to (finally) a 76 x1/9 k20 rest mod that has been sitting next to my garage since 2013. I purchased my 3rd x1/9 ($500) almost 6 years ago with the engine swap project in mind. My first two x1/9's (1976) (1980) were owned 30 years ago. That is when I caught the bug but life got in the way. I have always felt that they were under powered and have been day dreaming since then about this project. I ran across the Midwest Bayless web site a couple of years ago and that was the spark I needed.
MWB directed me here and I found this site to be a wealth of help and information. Many have done this very project and I am looking forward to following those who have gone before as well as sharing my own experiences

x19000.jpg

donor001.jpg
The 2002 donor car quite the bargain at $800 Rear end was smashed but she fired up and I drove her 30 feet into the garage. She sounded good. PO said that the motor was replaced in 14' with less than 50K.

Last edited:
Donor replaced by the recipient.
x19001.jpg
x19002.jpg

Attachments

• x19005.jpg
    x19005.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 95
  • x19007.jpg
    x19007.jpg
    243 KB · Views: 84
Ah, it brings back memories from when I started. Have fun and ask questions as they come up. Lots of help here.

A $500 X1/9 and a $800 Honda donor car...excellent starting point! Looks like you are well and truly underway. Keep us informed on your progress.

Hey "DSobota", I just realized you are brand new here. Welcome to the forum and hope you feel free to participate regularly and frequently. You'll find this one of the friendliest forums on the web.

Back