79 X-1/9

Mike_Gold

True Classic
Located in Middle Tennessee. Complete street legal running car. Immensely fun to drive.

GOODS:
- Total engine performance rebuild with less than 800 miles. 1500 block, oversize pistons, shaved head, 35/75 cam, Miller's Mule adjustable cam gear, Weber 34 DAT, lightened flywheel, header, custom exhaust. Never had ethanol in it - only premium ethanol free.
- Racing seats with 4-point harnesses
- Larger calipers in rear
- lowering springs, wheel spacers, sway bar,
- 5-speed, shortened shifter
- Brown wire mod
- Abarth steering wheel
- new battery
- Starts right up and runs great
- Recent paint, pretty good body
- new street tires
- Hoosier autocross slicks on Western wheels
- Spare engine, 4-speed transmission, original manifold and exhaust in great condition, original carburetor, a handful of other spares, and some literature.

BADS:
- I have not completed the wiring. The brake lights, turn signals and horn are not connected. I have installed fuse blocks and marked the wiring as I went, so it should be a fairly simple project to complete the wiring.

OTHERS:
- Interior is completely stripped and coated with bed liner. A/C, heat, and radio have been removed.

I am having back surgery in a couple of weeks and probably will not get the wiring finished. My rehab time is predicted to be a year, so I would like to see this car go to a new owner.

Car is in Middle Tennessee. It is drivable with the exception of the brake lights, turn signals and horn. Because of all the spares that go with it, you will need to bring a trailer. Lots of good stuff here. $3,000

Attachments

• 100_2931.JPG
    100_2931.JPG
    318.9 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:
Sorry to see your selling, the X. Good to see that your still around the forum, though. GLWS

Oh man.... my birth year, carbed....none of that sissy FI stuff, most all the right things done to the engine already....besides dual carbs, simple interior.......mmmm.

Someone buy my KZ1000 so i can bring this X home. Free delivery along route between Houston and middle Tennessee!

Timing is everything! A few years ago, after decades of Fiats of the DOHC variety I got a wild hair for an X1/9. In my typical fashion, I ended up with a slightly derelict 85 and the a derelict but hotrod 79...I'm sure i would have been quite content with yours and I'm only a few hours away in Knoxville.

Most folks want a nice street usable X (or any other Fiat). Yours is clearly more a track day car and the heater delete and unfinished wiring severely limits an interested audience. My X is similarly configured and when it comes time to sell it (not at the moment) I envision marketing it as a nice collection of parts held together with a body. I won't be surprised if I have to part it out.

Anything can be sold if the price is right and if you have had no interest, your price is too high even if it's much less than what you have in it.

Back