81 X1/9 on eBay

Car looks great in person...

....He did a lot of custom work to the body and interior. Not crazy about the interior colors, but the paint and body treatment is excellent. He took a lot of pride in it. Did all of the work himself.

I like this idea...

I never would have thought to swap the radio slot for the switches. Nice work and nice idea too.
Makes for more room for the Stereo. :thumbsup:

Pic14.jpg

Does anyone know this car? Condition? Mechanical issues etc? Rust problems including rust repairs that may have been done?

The man who previously owned it...

...and did the work himself... sold it to a local dealership pretty recently, I believe....
He did an excellent job on all of the special touches in the body work and trim. The paint looks AMAZING up close, even. He takes great pride in everything he does. I don't recall if there was any rust or issues before he did the work on it. I think he had some engine work that needed to be done a few months back. Not certain if he completed it prior to selling it, or not. The Cosmic wheels look nice, too. :)
The only thing I would change are some of the interior panels, but that is only because I don't care for the colors.

I've been thinking to do the reverse...

I've been thinking about how to use an aftermarket A/C unit and move all the heater controls down next to the switches to free up the upper area to accommodate a 2-DIN video head-unit for nav and such. Glad I'm not the only one thinking about control re-location. :)

Me too! And the paint on this car looks WET!

I don't relish the fact I'd need to shower and wear all white clothing as well to sit in this car! Makes getting groceries a real pain...

I surely can't complain about the quality of work though. Well done!

Back