84 Bertone 72K $4k

Probably an '83 sitting on the lot too long so sold in '84 as an "'84", no one would ever know.....until now! No biggee. Nice car. I think 3Kish too.
My son and I just got back in, he always wants to drive my X so I let him drive me around the block, I have to keep telling him to wind it out and stop slowing down, not TOO common to hear Dads tell their 17 year old sons that. He is very impressed with it. But still thinks he needs an MR2....I like his RX7 better than an MR2.

Mine is painted in that style

Manufactured in 11/83, it has the Iron Cross wheels and the low line two tone paint. Definitely mine is an 84 model.

Manufactured in 11/83, it has the Iron Cross wheels and the low line two tone paint. Definitely mine is an 84 model.

You have a late production 83. January 1984 started the higher paint scheme. My avatar was purchased new from the dealer 1/84. I specifically waited for the higher scheme to come out when I was in HS :nod:

How was Fiat dating these cars back in the day...

...Most manufacturers today end the years production around Sept/October, don't they? Everything beyond that is labeled as the following model year, even if manufactured in October, November and December. My yellow 75X was manufactured in 11/74. Still would be a 75 though...correct?

...Most manufacturers today end the years production around Sept/October, don't they? Everything beyond that is labeled as the following model year, even if manufactured in October, November and December. My yellow 75X was manufactured in 11/74. Still would be a 75 though...correct?

True but in this case when we are referring to a specific "model change" like a dramatic 2-tone paint scheme difference so we do know those started 1/84.

I don't think anyone is questioning what year the cars are titled as but I'm almost 99.9% certain no low paint schemes will have a 1/84 and on Bertone door plate. So yes 84s but left over 83s :)

Another telling factor is they lost the X1/9 5-speed deck lid emblem in January 84.

I hear ya...but...

...my 11/74 car has A LOT of things that other 74's don't. I believe all 74's have a black interior. Mine is brown. Right side exhaust. No choke console. Many other things.

Ladder bumpers.... You have a 75!

I think generally when we look at the 74 Holy grail (in the US) we determine the true 74 by the bumpers even though obviously they can be swapped....the left side outlet exhaust & the rear valance.

So lots of "tweeners" but whatever predominate model feature that was specific to a year or group of years should be the criteria and what I go by.

Back