85 on eBay.. NOT MINE

They are unusual wheels. They are much deeper than standard X wheels or appear so. Does he explain those in the video? (No I have not watched it).

Up to $19k. Someday I may hire this guy to sell my car...

I know right!
the ads must put some into a hypnotic state.

You must continue to bid on CORSA FLAMINIA PROTOTIPO.

They are unusual wheels. They are much deeper than standard X wheels or appear so. Does he explain those in the video? (No I have not watched it).
They do look somehow wider.. I can't tell if it is the wheel or the beauty ring making it look wider... Hmmm
The body width is unchanged and the wheels tuck like factory so they must be the stock wheels?
IMG_17331-940x636.jpg
1980 standard equipment...

pimped Steelies...widen out to 7".
I've seen the "cloverleaf" done the same way.

C&P from the first ebay ad:

WHEELS:

WHILE IAI WAS LOOKING FOR AN OPTIONAL WIDE WHEEL THEY COULD OFFER BUYERS TO BE USED TO HELP PROMOTE THE X1/9, CORSA "S" GROUB 5/ GROUP "B" LOOK AROUND 1987, THERE WERE NO FUNDS TO DEVELOP A 7" WIDE ALLOY WHEEL, ANYMORE THAN THEY HAD THE FUNDS TO UPGRADE THE DRIVETRAIN AT THIS TIME. SO ONE OF THEM CAME UP WITH THE IDEA TO USE AN UNDETERMINED AMOUNT OF THE REMAINING STEEL RALLY WHEEL CENTER BLANKS. THESE WHEEL CENTER BLANKS WERE SENT TO THE U.S. TO BE ENGINEERED AND MODIFIED AT A FACILITY USING A JIG AND AT THE TIME CURRENT ABSENCE OF OXYGEN/AMBIENT AIR WELDING TECHNOLOGY, WELDED, BALANCED AND PAINTED COUPLED WITH SPECIAL CENTER CAPS AND TRIM RINGS AND SOLD AT BERTONE DEALERS FOR AROUND $700.00. BY ABOUT 1980 THE 5 " BASE VERSIONS OF THESE WHEELS WERE DONE ON THE X1/9. THE ONLY PLACE ONE WOULD SEE THEM WAS IN THE SPARE TIRE WELLS OF FIAT/ BERTONE X1/9 CARS. THESE EXTREMELY RARE VERSIONS OF THESE WHEELS WERE AVAILABLE FOR A SHORT TIME ONLY, FROM LATE 1986 TO THE END 1989 (which were actually left over 1988 cars). PAUL TOLD ME HE SAW ONLY THREE SETS SOLD AT THE DEALERSHIP.

I am pretty sure Mac had a set of steelies widened many years ago. Not sure if you can still find wheel shops that will do it, but they basically split the wheel and weld in a wider center section. I believe Mac's wheels are still around, maybe Greg Smith knows where they are?

Holy crap. Little under 4 hours left in the auction. Bidding is now up to $25,100. And reserve is still not met....Could those bids be real ??

Really Greg, I am surprised you are bidding that high that early......

Holy crap. Little under 4 hours left in the auction. Bidding is now up to $25,100. And reserve is still not met....Could those bids be real ??

Really Greg, I am surprised you are bidding that high that early......

My guess is that he set a real high reserve and is having friends bid it up gradually.... They know they won't win, but the dude is trying to get a real buyer to jump in...

Edited: I just checked and 4 of the bidders have 100% activity with this seller... Seems like a scam to me...

Last edited:
There were only four bidders total. It went to $29,200 and ended with reserve not met. I bet echohen2 is correct.

Back