850 on ebay

That is a US market car, I would bet it’s not actually an Abarth.

No EU car would ever have those secondary reflectors. They were added to US cars.

I am sure Jeff Stich would be able to say what the reality is. Not my area of expertise, as if I had one :)

That is a US market car, I would bet it’s not actually an Abarth. No EU car would ever have those secondary reflectors. They were added to US cars.

It is indeed a USA market 850 Sedan, a 1971 model to be exact. Definitely NOT an Abarth, just another Fiat that some clueless owner has tried to dress up as something that never even existed (there was never an Abarth version of the 850's based on a late-model USA-specific body like this).

I've seen this car listed for sale a few times through the years. It's a real shame, if they'd just remove all of the fauxbarth add-ons & the white paint, they'd have a nice 850 Sedan! As it sits now, (IMO) it's just another sharted-up 850 on offer by an idiot seller. $50k? That must be some Walter White quality meth. 😜

That crap faux-3rd person text makes me cringe. They are copying perhaps the worst feature of Bat.

And what the hell does this even mean? "With its vibrant red color and clean title, it's sure to turn heads at any car show." People want a clean title at a car show?

Aaaarrrgg.

If the seller just sold it for what it is, a nice clean 850 sedan...
(covered with excessive abarth stickers)

That crap faux-3rd person text makes me cringe. They are copying perhaps the worst feature of Bat.

And what the hell does this even mean? "With its vibrant red color and clean title, it's sure to turn heads at any car show." People want a clean title at a car show?

Aaaarrrgg.

Reeks of a ChatGPT description of the car...

I was out on BHCC site from some other link and saw the blue 850. Looks like a decent car, but what is up with the tan vinyl top? Owner add or period accessory? Still, not a bad asking price for a decent looking car.

Even real Abarths tend to have too much Abarth on them. But that can be excused.

Aaaarrrgg.

Agreed. I especially like the comment that is was valued at 50K....by insurance. In other words he bought a "agreed value" policy to cover 50K. Actually kind of a clever way to deceive potential buyers (at least ones that don't know better).

Back