'86/'87 Bertone FS - SF Bay Area

Bass Ken

Low Mileage
idW1K2jUj

This is a project I'm never going to get to - all my spare time is going into my Scorpion. This X is a great driver, but with challenges including cosmetics (faded paint, a couple of surface rust spots and dings, pass window scratches, some rough/broken trim) and mechanical (needs valve guide seals, speedo cable, t-stat, and heater valve). 99% complete and unmolested. Power windows, no A/C. Approx. 110k miles.

Non-stock items include a nice set of Cromodora magnesium wheels, KYB struts, and aftermarket (IAP?) springs. Handles great, runs strong. I just got back from a 1000 mi FIAT America tour, with zero issues. In my 3 years of ownership, the car has run flawlessly.

Asking $1800. Passed smog in September, so I'm motivated to sell before the smog cert expires Nov 21st. Make me an offer!
Ken Haven
Livermore, CA
khaven at comcast.net

Sent you a PM

Ken, sent you a PM with my email and couple of phone numbers.

Just noticed your email was at the bottom, so sent you an email as well.

Last edited:
Vouching for seller...

timster...you've found a seller in Ken Haven who is the kinda guy you want to buy a car from. Knows his stuff, and his word is gospel.

If you're over at Ken's, have a look at his Lancia project.. It's quite a special Lancia.

Bernice

timster...you've found a seller in Ken Haven who is the kinda guy you want to buy a car from. Knows his stuff, and his word is gospel.

Tim... Ken is kinda OK... (HA!)

BUY THIS CAR... Save yourself a lot of time and effort and so's I don't haveta look at that one in Northridge with all the legal hassles and the like!

A quick 6 hours up to Livermore (wear tinfoil protection under your clothing and inside a cap...) and you'll have a ball driving home!

I'm on the way & on the way back also... I could possibly be a co-driver as well. Let me know when yur goin' ta pick up your new car!

Have not heard from Ken

Just heard from Ken. Tony you are right, this car is obviously better than the one in Northridge.

HAVE heard from Ken

Hi Guys,

Yes I've been buried, thanks for all the comments. Best to send me an email as that will be fastest (already responded to Tim, will connect with Alan next). I don't want to oversell the car as it does have cosmetic challenges, but I can vouch that it's a reliable driver with a few goodies and decent restoration potential.

Thanks,
Ken

Hi Guys,

Yes I've been buried, thanks for all the comments. Best to send me an email as that will be fastest (already responded to Tim, will connect with Alan next). I don't want to oversell the car as it does have cosmetic challenges, but I can vouch that it's a reliable driver with a few goodies and decent restoration potential.

Thanks,
Ken

Does the car come with a Fiat Club membership ? ;)

Tim,

If you should end up working out a deal with Ken, one of our former/honorary SoCal members, Ryan Fellini lives in Livermore. You could probably hook up with him and he'll resolve any remaining non-cosmetic items.:excited::headbang: If not, at the very least, he knows the good places to eat up there. I was there about a month ago on business and went to a BBQ joint that was great and had a great selection of beers also. I wish I could remember the name of the place but Ryan should.

Mike

You went to Livermore and didn't take me?

Just what kinda "best-friend" are you anyway?

I happen to know EVERY SINGLE good place to eat in the EAST BAY area... but prefer Pleasant-Town as there is an Italian Restaurant every 15 feet.

BTW... I am always RIGHT, except here at home...

when I am usually WRONG... But that's what 47 years of marital bliss will do to ya...

Also Tim... I do believe the recent trip Ken was speaking of was just two weeks ago for BFI at Woodley Park. I seem to remember him leaving Breakfast at Bob's in this very same car. And BTW, The FiatAmerica folks don't use I-5...

Pay the man and DEMAND a FREE 1 YEAR membership... AND... also DEMAND he offer up a REDUCED PRICE for ASSOCIATE MEMBERS ($10 bucks?) who wish to support their fine organization and get a FREE T-Shirt, Jacket Patch, or Secret Decoder Ring, with their first year's membership!

Tell'um I sent ya... but don't stand too close!

Italians in Livermore

You guys drive a hard bargain...OK, I'll throw in a FREE one year membership to FIAT America for the lucky buyer. Maybe even a T shirt. Even if you had to pay, you'll get more than your money back from free tech advice, fun tours, and of course being able to hang out with some cool folks.

Mike, you probably went to Sauced, one of our local BBQ joints. For a great beer selection, try Tap 25 - yes, they do have 25 brews on tap. For Italian, we have Bruno's and Strizzi's on the main drag, but the best is Terra Bella, a bit out of town. The dining room is set up like an outdoor Italian piazza, and the food is great. We had our club Banquet there a few years back.

- Ken H

Ken

Yeah, it was Sauced. We had a day and a half company engineering conference, long days, and tight schedule. Didn't even have time to get together with Ryan or bring Tony as my date.

In addition to the BBQ, the combination of beers and Johnny Walker Black on the rocks at Sauced made for a very "relaxing" evening. Livermore's a cool town. Hope I can return one of these days when it isn't for work. I might even bring Tony along.

Mike

Just for giggles... I stopped into the TWO bicycle...

shops on the main drag in Livermore and found this P.O.S. bike frame shown on the upper RHS if this foto:

The shop owner had all sorts of JUNK like this in the window of the second store front and I found this trike to be interesting. The front forks have a lever that captures the axle and then has a couple of oval rings that drop down to secure them. In other words, it had a QUICK CHANGE front wheel/axle/pedal assembly... for what reason, I have no idea.

Secondly, it appeared to have been backed over and crushed and thirdly, there was no nameplate and I have never been able to identify it.

The shop guy said if I wanted it, I could have it... so I brought home on my next flight.

The pedal car on the upper LHS is a "Garton" HOT-ROD that I found in San Diego, brought home and copied the Hallmark Card toys and cards and the like... and is now worth more than 10X what I paid for it. Its old rear tires can now be found on that Trike in the lower RHS... after I beat that frame back into shape. I added a rear axle, made the handle bars and grips, found another seat to work on the old springs... and beat two sheets of tin and pasted them together to form the SPATS-type fender.

The front wheel and tire came off another pedal car project that I had to abandon and the rear hubcaps came from an old Murray Pedal Car... after I replaced them with new re-popped chrome ones.

So its a hodge-podge of parts starting with this scrap metal I got in Livermore! I had a ball... and sent that shop owner a thank you and some before and after photos!

Faster than a speeding Electron or Radioactive Particles...

Are ya?

It helps to line your removable top with tin-foil as well Ryan... even for the few hours you work there each day...

So where do you live if I may ask, Blackhawk Estates?

(Others who may be wondering where Blackhawk is and what I'm referring to, go here: https://www.google.com/search?q=bla...3I5H4igKC-ID4DQ&ved=0CCsQsAQ&biw=1440&bih=753)

p.s.

Found this bargain and I believe it's still available for $10,500,000.00...

http://homesoftherich.net/2011/06/newly-built-16500-square-foot-tuscan-villa-in-blackhawk-ca/

(I think I would need to expand the wine cellar though...)

Blackhawk

The Blackhawk Museum has a great collection of classic cars, worth a visit if you're ever in the SF Bay area. Our club has held their FIAT of the Year event there the past 2 years. They let us park on the plaza in front of the museum, a very classy setting. However they run out and put drip mats under the cars as soon as we show up!

- Ken

Back