86 Seats

bksun40

Low Mileage
Hi does anybody know if I can made a set of 86 seats fit in my 76 x?
I ran a search but didn't find anything.

Sure

Hi does anybody know if I can made a set of 86 seats fit in my 76 x?
I ran a search but didn't find anything.

The 76 has a different seat rail set up than the 86. The 76 has the rails spot welded to the floor, where the 86 has modern rails that are bolted to through the floor.

You would need to cut the 76 rails from the floor, then measure and place the 86 rails and drill some holes. You may want to add a little reinforcement to the floor pan where you drill the holes. In case of an accident, you don't want the bolts to rip through.

If you search the archives you might come up with some more specific ideas.

Seats on ebay

Thanks, theres a seat of 86 seats on ebay right now in Mass, I think I will try to win them ,if anybody else going to bid on them let me know.

Another way

Hi,

I took the other way. I kept the floor of my car original. I removed the rails welded under the old seats and I bolted them to the later seats. But I admit the first way may makes more sense. It's just that I wasn't sure this would be definitve, so I wanted to be able to put back the car original if wanted. Also, I wasn't sure removing the rails from the floor of the car wouldn't make holes and requires repairs, while removing them from the seats, I didn't care about damages to the old seats.

Daniel Forest
Montreal
1980 Black Fiat X19
1987 White Bertone X19

I have a set of those in my parts bin

If this is the auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/fiat...Motors_Manuals_Literature?hash=item335bb61828

I have those exact seats in storage. I got them of Ebay years ago and never used them because the seat pans are rusted pretty badly. They also have no rails. If the bidding gets out of hand on that set, let me know and I will get you pics on the set I have. You could probably have Matt Brannon dig up a set of seat pans and rails for you from a set of crapped out seats. Then you could build your own set if it comes to that.

This is the only pic I have of my set. You can't see it, but the pans are rusty and there is a small cigarette burn in the driver's seat. Of course, I haven't pulled them out of the box they are in for a year or so. When last I looked there were no splits in the vinyl.
85_seats.jpg

Have you checked around locally to see what it would cost to get the 76 seats redone

seats

Yes those are the ones; no i haven't looked a round for prices
I just saw these on ebay and they are close to me so I can pick them up.
This got me thinking ,could I take the covers and the foam off and put them on my seat frames?

Back