87 X Posted again $17K OBO-Not Mine

X1/9-Ark

Daily Driver
NY CL for any east coasters with money to burn. Car does have a/c. I can’t believe the seller hasn’t bothered to take better/ more pictures since last posting expired.

It would be interesting to see photo documentation of the body being removed for the restoration...
Just curious, as I have a good idea how much time that would have taken. And it's not a job I would want to do!

It's got the leather wheel and shifter, but not the seats or door panels; were they available separately in '87? I thought it was a package.

It's got the leather wheel and shifter, but not the seats or door panels; were they available separately in '87? I thought it was a package.
The leather steering wheel and [seats] shifter were standard for the late cars. My 87 is the same way. (Edited, I typed the wrong word, I meant steering wheel but had typed seats, no wonder you were confused).

My 85 has cloth seats but leatherette (very leather like) door panels which one would expect on a leather seat car.

Last edited:
Hmm, still confused, Karl.
My '86 has the door panels, seats, and shifter (though the shifter leather was gone) and came to me with a Momo wheel (dated 1989 on the back, so not possible to be dealer - swapped).
This car only has the leather wheel and shifter, with 'stock' cloth seats and door panels.
Were the seats and door panels changed out, the leather parts changed in, or was it all available piecemeal in 1987?
I thought it was all or none.

Leather seats & panels were not standard on 87s.
The steering wheel & shifter were standard.
Could either come with the cloth or leather interiors.
It was not a combined package.

Hmm, still confused, Karl.
My '86 has the door panels, seats, and shifter (though the shifter leather was gone) and came to me with a Momo wheel (dated 1989 on the back, so not possible to be dealer - swapped).
This car only has the leather wheel and shifter, with 'stock' cloth seats and door panels.
Were the seats and door panels changed out, the leather parts changed in, or was it all available piecemeal in 1987?
I thought it was all or none.
Sorry, I meant to type steering wheel and managed to type seats, no wonder you were confused.

My 87 is just like that. I changed out the leather shift boot as it was decrepit.

1709088462203.jpeg

Back