A different problem

LarryHam

Daily Driver
About five years ago or so, I put these really cool looking Italian Flag stickers on either side of my X, just above the Bertone vent things on the roll bar. Well, now they are faded, ugly and and I want to get rid of them, but they are not wanting to come off by just peeling. They are so sun dried, they are coming off in little chunks and it will take me six months at this rate. Anyone know of a solvent to soften up vinyl stickers without messing up the paint? Thanks guys!

I can almost imagine what they look like Larry

Larry_hamsX001.jpg

;)

Try a heat gun to soften them up and also try some of the "Goo Gone" type glue removers. I got the 20 year old BERTONE letters off the nose of my 86 with that combo. Be patient and you will get them off.

WD40 has worked for me

And it's something every X-head should have on hand! LOL

All good advice..

A heat lamp or heat gun to soften the glue. Also, you can get a plastic razor blade for this sort of thing, if you go this route, keep it wet with soapy water or a solvent.

For solvent, I recommend Citri-Solv. It's similar to Goof-Off, but smells better and is less toxic. Can also be diluted with water, and is therefore very easy cleanup.

Yep ... 4 years ago Larry

That's what my X used to look like?

Almost 4 years to this day. That was from the party at Papa Tony's and the dates on all the photos say 03-26-2006!!!

So the car looks different... how are you holding up?!?! ;)

(At least I am pretty sure that is Papa Tony and you.)

yeah that's me

Holding up well. The car is running great. I had a valve job done last December, and my mechanic/friend managed to find a couple 28/30 carbs that he Frankensteined into one new one, and that has made a huge difference in power and performance. I have put over 120K miles on it since I started driving it on 2/14/03.

I have heard that Eucalyptus oil is good for this sort of thing. Just try a small spot first to make sure it doesn't damage your paint.

Back