A long trip....

fastx19

Administrator
About 6 or more years ago, I needed to sell off a couple of cars and move to a different part of the country. Since then, I have been thinking of getting these cars back and finally was able to do it. However, this also means I need to drive from Houston, TX to Salem OR to pick them up, a round trip of over 4,500 miles, or 7,500+ km's for those not used to measurements in bananas.

So, last week off we went to get the cars. Here is a picture for you. This is at a hotel in Moab Utah. We went through snow, wind, hail, rain, you name it but everything came though safe.

Car on the front is a X19 with a Dallara kit and powered by a 13B rotary with a port job from Pineapple motors. The 128 behind it was my daily driver, but has sat since I last saw it.

So, picked up both and brought them back. Looking forward to working on them.

Attachments

• fiat.jpg
    fiat.jpg
    441.5 KB · Views: 187
awesome!!
If you aren't aware, there's a Houston club called "Track Casual" that rents out the pro kart track at Speedsportz once per month. I've karted and driven my i3 there, and plan on taking my X1/9 next month. Either of yours would be a ton of fun on the twisty course.

The thought of a 450 mile trip makes me weary. I can't conceive of a trip ten times that distance. My hat is off to you.

About 6 or more years ago, I needed to sell off a couple of cars and move to a different part of the country. Since then, I have been thinking of getting these cars back and finally was able to do it. However, this also means I need to drive from Houston, TX to Salem OR to pick them up, a round trip of over 4,500 miles, or 7,500+ km's for those not used to measurements in bananas.

So, last week off we went to get the cars. Here is a picture for you. This is at a hotel in Moab Utah. We went through snow, wind, hail, rain, you name it but everything came though safe.

Car on the front is a X19 with a Dallara kit and powered by a 13B rotary with a port job from Pineapple motors. The 128 behind it was my daily driver, but has sat since I last saw it.

Would love to hear more about that Rotary power X. I had an RX-8 for a number of years and loved that car. Pictures as well if you can. Very exciting. What transmission did you hook that Rotry up to?

Would love to hear more about that Rotary power X. I had an RX-8 for a number of years and loved that car. Pictures as well if you can. Very exciting. What transmission did you hook that Rotry up to?
I will be happy to get you photos... As for the transmission, it is 5 speed gertrag unit out of a Fiero. The only real problem is we don't really use it. The fiero power range is 3k to 6k or so. The rotary is more like 3k to 10k. which almost doubles each gear for speed. So for autocorss, it is a 2 gear car as 2nd takes you well over 80mph. However, as I have said before this is a pure race car and I would not recommend ths for a street machine.

Interesting, I had a 88 Fiero GT with that transmission, GM was making a newer version for the high revving Quad 4 that was suppose to go into the Fiero before it was discontinued. That might have been a better match, don't know if it ever went into production.

Post some pics when you have time would love to see the set up.

Thats awesome!!...so you kept them in storage?...or r u re-buying them back?
You are making me feel guilty.😁 i have that tri colored 128 windshield on the "spare" 128 you practically gave me back in the day. And now we are only maybe 4hrs away...😅

. Looking forward to working on them.
Oh you will be :)

Hmm no windshield in that 128, amazing the plastic held.

Congrats. With my three they were driven from Los Angeles to Vermont by my sisters as I drove the moving truck. A few years later I had to go to Vermont and drive each one to Michigan, (822 miles each way). The with X and 124 it was a 12 hour drive. The 850 took a little longer, it just can’t go as fast for as long, or was it me that couldn’t go as long in that car bzzzzzzzzzzzz

Congrats on retrieving them. You will have plenty to do.

Last edited:
That sounds like one epic journey, mate! Driving from Houston, TX to Salem, OR to pick up your beloved cars after 6 long years must have been a thrilling adventure. The round trip of over 4,500 miles (or 7,500+ km's for our metric friends) is no joke, but you did it!

Hey Eric! Glad to see your cars getting back in the proper stable!

Too bad you didn't schedule your trip to include a stop at Howard Prairie for the Oregon Event.

Back