A show of hands -- Bigfoot Strut Tower Doublers

If I'm not too late

I'd like a set. After installing I assume that the car needs to be aligned again?

Between strut top mount and existing body

Hi Nick,

Installation is easy. The Bigfoots get placed on top of the top mount before you install the strut. No need to modify the X at all. Here is a picture Mark had in a previous thread:

dscn4783v.jpg

Easy peasy installation..........!

.... How are they fitted.....

I got a pair from Mark P on his first run. I wanted them for the rear struts only.
All you need to do is jack up the front/rear of your X so the wheels are well clear off the ground, remove the three nuts that secure the strut mounting to the body, pull the strut assy down slightly, and tuck the doubler up between the strut mounting and the underbody. Push the strut back up into position, start the 3 nuts to hold the strut up, lower the car back onto ground, and retighten the strut mounting nuts.
You are done! :thumbsup:

cheers, Ian - NZ

Me too please

Could you let me know if i made the cutoff and can i have a front and rear set please
I live in Australia
Thanks
Nick

So total newbie question here, but why are these helpful? I'm not doubting that they are just not sure why. Is it a question of better distributing the stress?

Yes you are correct, they minimize the deformation of the top of the tower which can happen after thirty or so years of use :)

I have a set I haven't installed yet but intend to also pick up a set of upper strut mounts from Chris Obert to go with them as the originals on my car are getting rather tired.

I need a pair too

Hi
I misssed out on the last batch.. I bought one pair off a member here but would like a pair for the rears

Nick

they mount between top of strut and bottom of strut tower to prevent deformation of the sheet metal and also to stiffen the mount via surface area.

Back