Adjustable Suspension X/19 coil overs

Status
Not open for further replies.
My apologies Folks. I had to end this early as I need a few more weeks to finish this last set. On another note please realize that I am not doing this for a profit or business. I was only doing it to help a few folks out. A particular person that resides here was bidding on these and got all bent out of shape. Lets have some respect for each other. This is a very close nit group of fantastic people and enthusiast. Lets not misconstrue how I am doing this also. If I list these at 700 here and 500 on ebay, that doesn't translate as an inflated price for Xweb. It merely means that I was offering a better starting price on eBay. There is no grand conspiracy and I am not selling them to anyone else. I just ran out of parts to finish the last set. I will relist them later once I have them done.. Please be patient. And since there seems to be a lot of demand please let me know if you are SERIOUS about owning a set so that I can go and source the materials. The hard parts are finding the strut tube housings. so If you have some I will gladly put together a set for you if you send those to me. Thanks. JJ

JJ

Taking chances is right

OK folks, I am the "bent out of shape" bidder.
Many of you know me personally, and I am know I am in risk of breaking the rules here but I have a right to vent.

I placed a bid on JJ's coil overs, just as he invited us to do. I had no reason to expect her did not have the item to fulfill the auction. He stated he had three sets, and had pictures of two sets.

Then this morning I get this in my inbox:
To: ajossy
Subject: littlecarbigrooster has sent a question about item #280995198656, ending on Oct-21-12 21:28:24 PDT - Custom Coil over shocks and springs Fiat Bertone X/19 Lancia Scorpion rare new.
Sent Date: Oct-20-12 22:16:07 PDT

Dear ajossy,

Bad news and good news. I have sold out of these and I will need a few weeks for some parts to come in. I will re list them in about two weeks thanks for being patient. It is not easy making these. Thanks...

- littlecarbigrooster
It is quite obvious to me that he sold the set listed on eBay to someone here to make a quick buck.
It's a shame that someone with a product that looks like a good good deal has to lie about why he can't provide that product.

Sadly I can no longer see myself doing business with JJ, I know he is popular on this site, and he has sold a lot of rare parts. Had he been up front and honest about why he could not sell the coil overs on eBay this message likely would never have been posted here.

Just goes to show, Caveat Emptor still rings true.

Andy this is not the type of thing you take on line its the type of thing you take off line..( this is why I did not out you or post your very disrespectful email here) Please remove your post. Secondly I was trying to keep it simple in my email to you last night. I was nice enough to do that and not just cancel the bidding. Or I guess you would have preferred I let the auction run its course and then ignore you or whoever was the winning bidder for a few weeks. This is why ebay allows a seller to end a listing. Its because these things happen. The truth is I only sold one set. The truth is I have a project car for a very nice and patient person that requires a set due to a problem with a different set. The truth is I dont want to over whelm you with too many facts because it doesnt change the fact that I have my self in a situation that will not allow me to finish these. So pretty please with sugar on top. Take a chill pill...:cool: The good news and I am sorry I left you hanging was that I would relist them when I was done. In fact the new set will look much better than the one pictured because it uses all new parts and is quite nice.

So now I am disrespectful...

If these products were not available you had no business offering them.
You are the one that made it public, you posted that the bidder was active on this site and was bent out of shape. It would not take much work to figure out who I am. I was fine with this staying private, but you put it on here.

As to my letter to you, there was nothing disrespectful. Had you been honest and factual about the reason for ending the auction, I doubt we would be having much of any conversation at all. But you were not, and I feel that since you are making this a public discussion the public needs to know.

My post stays unless the moderators see fit to remove it.

Andy listen to yourself. I never outed you. I did not even know it was you that was the bidder. I wasnt even paying attention to that. And yes it is very disrespectful to accuse me of having low moral character and accuse me of selling these to someone else and accuse me of being greedy and most of all very disrespectful of accusing me of outing you in your last message from ebay when I never once outed you. You outed yourself the moment you came in here and announced yourself as being the the 2nd shooter on the grassy knoll. I will reiterate. We are all a bunch of very nice and respectful people that have a common interest in the same things. I need you to walk away from the keyboard and cool off. I sent you a PM asking you to remove your post. I also sent you my phone number. If you want please call me and I will fill you in with all the sordid details of why I need more time. I am sorry that my little white lie about selling out has you so angry. Take some Herbal tea. Kick your dog what ever but seriously I am not this Monster you make me out to be.. So please stop making it such a big deal.

Oh my...

I think Andy has every right to be "bent out of shape" about this, & since he's done nothing disrespectful, the Mods should let this post stay. JJ, stop trying to make Andy look like the bad guy here... :rolleyes:

Moderating this one is easy :)

Once the "new" set is ready sell the coilovers to Andy for the $499 price outright... that is of course if you were really sincere about letting them go for the opening bid in the auction --- in the first place :hmm:

I already sold two other sets off of eBay. There is a bid on these and they will go no reserve...

Bad news and good news. I have sold out of these and I will need a few weeks for some parts to come in. I will re list them in about two weeks thanks for being patient. It is not easy making these. Thanks...

Gregg I agree with you partly. I never said I wouldn't sell anything. I just need time. I will relist them and honor the auction. I just need more time to complete them....

I will be back later. I got to go return a video tape....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back