Advance Design racing shock inserts

Dr.Auto

Matthew Walsh
For Sale. $500 OBO set of 4 performance strut inserts

These are used Ground Control shocks that were on my X-1/9 Dallara wannabe. Made by Advance design. They are double adjustable compression and rebound with both knobs at the top of strut. Retail in 2005 when I bought them were $399 each. This year I decided I needed a suspension setup that was more versatile as I plan on installing spring rates that are street friendly and got some koni's.
These shocks are great racing shocks. I suggest you have them rebuilt before using them for track use. They served me well but moving on.
P/N 1475AD were used on the front of my X with 600in/lb springs
P/N 1474AD were used on the rear of my X with 500in/lb springs

These are just the strut inserts and that is all.

If anyone is interested let me know rudwalsh$h0tmail.c0m
I will try to get some current pictures up if anyone is interested.
Thanks

Stock strut tubes are too small in diameter. You won't ever be able to get REAL race dampers in stock tubes that can handle the spring rates.

Following on Kevin B's question

If these are not stock strut diameter inserts, what do they fit? Are the matching housings (struts) also for sale? Thanks.

They are considered a race damper that is not vehicle specific. They can go on whatever you want to put them on given you fabricate the housings for them to meet your needs. They came off my X-1/9. The housings they were used in are on my car being used with koni's installed in the housings. Jim Susko from G-Force engineering made the housings I am using. After seeing them they would not be very hard to make. But that is my opinion.
http://www.gforceengineering.net/fiat_products.htm

These dampers are considered to be racing dampers... so anyone that should be interested in them won't be using them on the street (considering the 600/500 spring rates they are valved for) and should be able to fabricate housings for them to meet their needs no sweat. I am not going to make housings specifically to sell the dampers... as the price will increase quite a bit... If i remember Jim was charging about $599 for a set of housings. If noone here wants them then they are going to ebay where i know they WILL sell.

Last edited:
Thanks Dr. Auto

The added description helps to understand what you have. Your strut assemblies sound really nice. And the products on the link you gave look like top line stuff. Thanks.

Well... I figured I'd check here first... but as I suspected there aren't enough hard core racers on this forum to move these very quickly.

***** I removed pictures and edited my last post because they are......

****SOLD******

Last edited:
Back