After almost 6 years

M. Lawson

True Classic
I have another X1/9. Made the trip down to my dad's (Steve L.) and picked up the Black X this weekend. I've been staring at this car for almost 11 years now, and it's finally mine :guitar:.
Did a little work on the cars, then went for a drive on the back roads and thru town!
Green X looks amazing and gets on it!! My first time seeing it in person (Great work Mark!!:thumbsup:). I headed back up to Seattle on Sunday and it was smooth sailing. The VW Radiator kept the engine cool the entire way and of course I couldn't resist taking the top off when the weather cleared up...even though it was in the low 30's. Got a couple "Awesome car" comments at the rest stop on the way too, made the day that much better. :sun:

Proud dad

It's nice to see the car finally go to Matt. It was originally going to be his car in high school, only took 11 years to get it back. :) It *has* been upgraded a bit in those 11 years though.

I followed Matt on the back roads to Creswell, watching for brake lights and anything unusual that might be smoking/spewing/falling off. All looked good, so he followed me to Cottage Grove. Mark Plaia emailed me saying he saw us leaving Cottage Grove for Saginaw.

I know what you mean about the compliments. Originally the car was silver and pretty much invisible. In black, it gets noticed. :thumbsup:

Enjoy the car, and you MUST get time off work so we can attend OR '11 with both cars!

Picture of Matt getting his car:

mattblackx.jpg

Last edited:
Calling Mark Plaia

Hopefully you still pop in here. Wondering if you have a write-up on that Rectangular Headlight upgrade you did on the Green X. I like the look of it.

Nice score and great to see that it stayed in "the family" - in more ways than one! When I can finally manage to get the test mule roadworthy, we'll have to get together and have a "north-end" X event...

Now that I am completely intrigued could someone please attach photos and possibly a link to this Mod upgrade?

We love photos:thumbsup:

'PeteX1/9

that's cool
I've been thinking of going black on my '81 and it would look just like this. I need more pictures of it. I love it!

Not a good idea

Then you'd constantly hear emanating from the car...

"I am your fathers, Luke"

and you'd constantly have to remind it "My name is Matt and you're mine now so shut up!!" :) :)

You're safe

The "Force choke" is fake, you only have to pretend to die. You *do* watch Robot Chicken, right? :grin:

Miss that show

The "Force choke" is fake, you only have to pretend to die. You *do* watch Robot Chicken, right? :grin:

Haven't had cable/Sat for awhile...just Netflix, which it looks like i'll be searching for the Robot Chicken seasons when I get home....:)

Back