After market fuel injector?

Jari

Daily Driver
At Ebay there are cheep after market injectors like SMP F697 or chinese F697 or SMP FJ4 or FJ3, Beck Arnley 61635RG or 158-0099, GB 852-13107 etc.
Is there a good replacement for the Fiat 4393596 / 4430293 or Bosch 0280 150 121 / 0280 150 123 when changing all 4?

I have used SMP fuel injection items in the past when OEM was not available or was waaaaay too pricey, and they seemed like a good value.

IMO Beck Arnley is also a reliable supplier, with the added bonus that sometimes you get an OEM part in a Beck Arnley box.

The one good thing about buying from eBay (at least under the terms of sale that apply to eBay USA) is that the buyer is still pretty much King, and if you as the buyer are unsatisfied with the product, you have the power to get a refund as long as you follow eBay's rules (open a case, follow thru within the allotted time frame, etc). Take into account the seller's feedback and also take into account the location from which the seller is selling---a seller's policy of a no-questions-asked return policy is not a great deal if you have to ship an item back to China to return it.

Thanks! So the SMP F697 is a proper replacement? Or the FJ3 or FJ4? I do not know anything about these products and the differences.

Any long term proof these imitation-knock off fuel injectors are any good, have proven long term reliability and all those requirements of a fuel injector? They might be lower cost now, what about years and many gallons of fuel later?

~Keep in mind, new is not always better specially if the new replacement is lower cost.. There are very real reasons for lower cost..

The better solution is to have the current set of injectors properly cleaned, tested, flow rate checked.. Bosch injectors work.

Penny wise or pound foolish..
Bernice

Any long term proof these imitation-knock off fuel injectors are any good, have proven long term reliability and all those requirements of a fuel injector? They might be lower cost now, what about years and many gallons of fuel later?

~Keep in mind, new is not always better specially if the new replacement is lower cost.. There are very real reasons for lower cost..

The better solution is to have the current set of injectors properly cleaned, tested, flow rate checked.. Bosch injectors work.

Penny wise or pound foolish..
Bernice
Yes, that is what i always prefer. I still have the same radiator, fuel pomp etc. But sometimes the original parts are end of life, not available anymore or very expensive. But you are right, i will do so. But i must be prepared if one or more is not good any more. I now know there are alternatives.

I've used such "knock-off" injectors many times on various vehicles and never had an issue, even after long term use.

Back