Alquati Cam A-25 Specs

Derek Greenwood

Daily Driver
I have Alquati A-25 cams in my 2l Scorpion. I am trying to find the specs on the cams and am having no luck. The came out of a 124 Spider racecar so I had to change cam boxes to make them work. I am redoing the head due to a blown head gasket and want to know the cam specs and the proper valve lash. I am going to try a MLS head gasket and head studs and see how they do with my very high compression engine.

what is stamped on the back side of the camshaft. Also a lobe profile photo will help. I have most every alquati camshaft for the 124 from years of collection.

A-25 is what is stamped.

Attachments

• a25.JPEG
    a25.JPEG
    67.3 KB · Views: 69
Here is the other cam. I have seen specs on the GC site for an A 25/2 but I don't know what is different with the /2 version

Attachments

• a25 other cam.JPEG
    a25 other cam.JPEG
    65.7 KB · Views: 66
I'm guessing the /2 indicates its has the distributor drive gear on the exhaust cam?

Looks very similar to this one. I dont have the cam with me but .012 lash is what I run with these. this is the 201 grind i believe.
Max lift: 11,3mm
Duration (inlet/exh): 295 / 291
Open-close (inlet/exh): 48-67 / 65-46

IMG_5306.JPG

Looks very similar to this one. I dont have the cam with me but .012 lash is what I run with these. this is the 201 grind i believe.
Max lift: 11,3mm
Duration (inlet/exh): 295 / 291
Open-close (inlet/exh): 48-67 / 65-46

View attachment 75552
You can measure the lift dimension this way. Measure the height of the cam lobe at its highest point. (call that dimension A) write that down. Now, measure the same lobe at the lowest point. (call that dimension B)( this dimension B is also known as 'base circle'. Subtract B from A and you have lift. Repeat the measurements for each lobe. Dimension B should be the same down the line on each cam. Dimension A should be the same for each lobe on that cam. If not, you have lobe wear.

I'm guessing the /2 indicates its has the distributor drive gear on the exhaust cam?
Mine doesn't have the /2 only the one they were talking about on the GC website. But, mine has the distributor drive gear on the exhaust cam and is just plain A-25

I may have the specs for this on an Alquati cam sheet on my home PC, I'll try to remember to look it up when I get home this evening.

I may have the specs for this on an Alquati cam sheet on my home PC, I'll try to remember to look it up when I get home this evening.
No success, couldn't find the files.

You might send a PM to Steve Cecchele (aka: fiatfactory), I think I recall him saying he had a master listing of the Pittatore (ie: Alquati) cam profiles.

Back