Alternator/voltage regulator issue?

Oh, and another funny thing: in the WD episode, it is clearly video taped and noted that the alternator was removed by them. Guess what we found yesterday - they either forgot, or list one, but the old alternator had been held in by only ONE bolt since we bought it.
Ooops.
Not sure how it could work reliably with one bolt. There should be a bolt that it pivots on, and another to tighten it to the bracket that sets the belt tension. Are you sure you needed a new alternator or just a new bolt?

If not sufficiently tightened, engine vibration can make nuts or bolts magically disappear over a surprisingly short time (and I won't tell you how I learned that; you will learn too).
;)

If not sufficiently tightened, engine vibration can make nuts or bolts magically disappear over a surprisingly short time (and I won't tell you how I learned that; you will learn too).
;)
If it helps, most of the oil sump bolts were ‘finger tight’ as I was told. We may have found one of our oil leak points. Did they lose their wrenches?

Not sure how it could work reliably with one bolt. There should be a bolt that it pivots on, and another to tighten it to the bracket that sets the belt tension. Are you sure you needed a new alternator or just a new bolt?
It’s possible the old 33a is fine, so I kept it. But charging power wise, more will help.

Back