Aluminum front grills???

Has anybody autox tested the aluminum grill, does it stand up to cone hits well?

I would be interested in 1 or 2 down the road a bit, funds are tight right now.

...they were all made from aluminum, not steel, even yours Roadbox.

You, sir, are 100% correct. I put a welding magnet on it this morning and nothing ferrous going on in there. Not sure how I got confused on that. No matter, it's a beautiful piece and I'm honored to have it on my car.

John O.

anyone have one of his spoilers?

I would like to see if the contour is an exact match....

Arman

Aluminum front grill and spoiler

Hello again, back by popular demand, I am in the beginning process of fabrication on approx. a dozen sets of front grills and spoilers. this will take a bit of time to complete, as I am doing this project on the side. I have about eight or nine people who have interest in this project. so if you are on the fence please don't hesitate to let me know, so I can be sure to make enough to go around. All who are interested should e-mail me at thehbarkid*yahoo.com, so I can keep you posted as to the details. Thanks again,
Regards Budgster

'75 -'78 front grill

Hello Petex19, I have been looking into some prospects for these grills.
I have a few ideas in my head regarding this, maybe one that is similar to the later model grills, but that will mount up to the older mounting brackets. I have also been entertaining the idea of using some aluminum honeycomb core material, which I have looked at. I am going to try to obtain a sample of this material, so I can make a prototype. If it works I will post my findings, and if there is enough interest in this item I will do a run on them. I have also been contemplating the idea of making some prototype aluminum euro-style bumpers, like the ones on the '74 model cars. All of the above mentioned items will be a work in progress, as I can afford the time to work on them, while I am working on the later model grills and spoilers.
Thanks,
Regards Budgster

Back