And the award for the most untruths...

Actually, the window sticker on my 86

showed $17,000 new. Once the cars shifted from FIAT to Bertone, the prices seemed to go up.

ad_berotne_x19_bw_9995_2.jpg

showed $17,000 new. Once the cars shifted from FIAT to Bertone, the prices seemed to go up.

Jim scan that for us please...or this could be like that Price is Right game show and put the numbers in the correct order. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

$10,700 what do I win :D

I have a box in the attic somewhere with all the original paperwork on my 84.

I did get 38-40 mpg in my 85 x if top on, windows up, steady crusing at 60mph (back when nationwide interstate speed limit was 55....

But take away any one of those, and not so much....

Y'know, there is another explanation

"Oh, honey, you're right... It really is time for the car to go... For you, I can make any sacrifice... OK, I'll put it up for sale" :wink2:

I wish I could scan it, but alas it is gone!

I let all of my paperwork go with the car when I sold it in 98. I didn't think I'd ever own another X. My memory may not be what it once was so 17k may not be accurate, but it's close what with all of the dealer add ons (read: fluff). Definately overpriced. I remember being very surprised by the dealer price.
http://www.hemmings.com/users/182428/ride/4071.html
Here's a link that describes an 84 with a 14k pricetag on the window sticker. I knew I wasn't dreaming this stuff!

Jim scan that for us please...or this could be like that Price is Right game show and put the numbers in the correct order. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

$10,700 what do I win :D

I have a box in the attic somewhere with all the original paperwork on my 84.

Back